5:2 diet

bobmcfc said:
SWP's back said:
bobmcfc said:
Starting this today as I am a fat fooking whale right now

Man the haaaaarpoooooonnnnssss
If you need any 1 on 1 training give me a shout

I shall take that into consideration.
I'm doing my 500/600 calorie day today as its my day off and I don't do much in the way of moving on my days off ;) can I eat anything that falls into the 600 calorie limit ? Within reason of course, like a sandwich ? I don't have to cut out All carbs or all fat ect ?
Yeah you can that's fine. I've cut out bread as it bloats and doesn't agree with me even though I live it. But that's just me.

I'm fkn starving....... Had a bacon, lettuce and mayo at 11. According to my calorie counter that should leave me enough room for a can of tomato soup and a apple for afters. Trying to top up on water to trick my stomach that something is in there.

Had a coffee and a banana about 11ish, and I believe we are having some chicken and salad about 6:30ish. Am i on the right track here, could die for a sandwich at the moment.

Not eaten a thing yet, had three large cups of green tea and feel as if I could go the whole day without eating. Just wondering if that is adviseable? Plan on going on a long walk this evening as well.

40g of porridge with water (150 kcal) this morning and a container of mixed salad stuff for lunch with no dressing (50 kcal). Asda chicken chow mein this evening (314 kcal). Gives me a total of 514 kcal for the day. Lots of water and herbal tea during the day and not even hungry yet. I am amazed how much tomato, radish, cucumber, and celery you can have for a mere 50 kcal. Could have banged on a slice of ham or two and still be within my limit.

minimalistic said:
40g of porridge with water (150 kcal) this morning and a container of mixed salad stuff for lunch with no dressing (50 kcal). Asda chicken chow mein this evening (314 kcal). Gives me a total of 514 kcal for the day. Lots of water and herbal tea during the day and not even hungry yet. I am amazed how much tomato, radish, cucumber, and celery you can have for a mere 50 kcal. Could have banged on a slice of ham or two and still be within my limit.

Not eaten a thing today and i'm not hungry in the slightest. Confident I could go the rest of the day without eating, accompanied by a few green teas and a diet coke.

Sorry matey but thats bollocks of the highest order.
And I dont mean that in a nasty way.. Let me explain..
This is the science behind it.
Your body needs a weekly deficit of approximatly 3500 calories a week to lose 1 pound of body fat.
Or a deficit of 500 calories a day to lose 1 pound of body fat over the full week ...Same thing.
Sooo how the heck do you lose 22 pounds of fat on your equations.
Did you sell a kidney or lose a leg ?
So on your calculations you eat a deficit of 1800 caloroes a day over 2 days which equates to 3600 calories of deficit over the week is only a smidgins over the the one pound loss mark a week ???
To lose 22 pounds over 5 week s which is over 4 pounds a week you would need to eat no more than 200 calories a day over 7 day period.
Also it has nothing to do with carbs protein or fats but has everything to do with calories in and calories out.
Eat less calories and excerise more and lose weight
Or eat more calories and excerise less and gain weight.
Macros are sensible to acheive the right balance but the above equation of cals in and cals out is the gospel reading.
By the way i am of the latter persuation.
Its not my glands its not my metabolic rate its not because im unlucky.
Its just that I eat too feckin much or more to the point drink too much
Why at this very moment I have carlsburg export poisining !
On a lighter note I have seen better distrubution and basic passing skills of the ball by Bacup borough fc than by feckin Sinclair.
Al jazera thank you for showing me the light.
It dont get any better does it...
Jesus wept if ever a man had to go !
That is all ;

ChicagoBlue said:
The science says it works!

2400 calories per day for the 5 days and 600 calories on the 2 days. 600 calories is more than you think if you eat REAL SUSTENANCE!!

Basically, eat normal food for 5 days and restrict yourself to a small breakfast and a small meal on the other days, drink lots of water and Bob's your uncle! If you restrict your CARBS to a minimum on the 5 days, the weight will fall off much quicker, you won't feel bloated and it will make the exercise you do much easier.

22lbs in 5 weeks.....and counting. I'm almost 50 yrs old and want to lose 40 more to get back to what I weighed when I graduated Uni. I have 5 months before I hit 50, so it is very doable, and will be my lifestyle by then.

Good luck!

Taximania said:
Sorry matey but thats bollocks of the highest order.
And I dont mean that in a nasty way.. Let me explain..
This is the science behind it.
Your body needs a weekly deficit of approximatly 3500 calories a week to lose 1 pound of body fat.
Or a deficit of 500 calories a day to lose 1 pound of body fat over the full week ...Same thing.
Sooo how the heck do you lose 22 pounds of fat on your equations.
Did you sell a kidney or lose a leg ?
So on your calculations you eat a deficit of 1800 caloroes a day over 2 days which equates to 3600 calories of deficit over the week is only a smidgins over the the one pound loss mark a week ???
To lose 22 pounds over 5 week s which is over 4 pounds a week you would need to eat no more than 200 calories a day over 7 day period.
Also it has nothing to do with carbs protein or fats but has everything to do with calories in and calories out.
Eat less calories and excerise more and lose weight
Or eat more calories and excerise less and gain weight.
Macros are sensible to acheive the right balance but the above equation of cals in and cals out is the gospel reading.
By the way i am of the latter persuation.
Its not my glands its not my metabolic rate its not because im unlucky.
Its just that I eat too feckin much or more to the point drink too much
Why at this very moment I have carlsburg export poisining !
On a lighter note I have seen better distrubution and basic passing skills of the ball by Bacup borough fc than by feckin Sinclair.
Al jazera thank you for showing me the light.
It dont get any better does it...
Jesus wept if ever a man had to go !
That is all ;

ChicagoBlue said:
The science says it works!

2400 calories per day for the 5 days and 600 calories on the 2 days. 600 calories is more than you think if you eat REAL SUSTENANCE!!

Basically, eat normal food for 5 days and restrict yourself to a small breakfast and a small meal on the other days, drink lots of water and Bob's your uncle! If you restrict your CARBS to a minimum on the 5 days, the weight will fall off much quicker, you won't feel bloated and it will make the exercise you do much easier.

22lbs in 5 weeks.....and counting. I'm almost 50 yrs old and want to lose 40 more to get back to what I weighed when I graduated Uni. I have 5 months before I hit 50, so it is very doable, and will be my lifestyle by then.

Good luck!

What about water weight and not eating back exercise calories?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
anyone know a good website to plan what you can/can't have, as like people said some stuff you don't realise how bad they actually are. A website that covers brands would be helpful.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.myfitnesspal.com</a>

Whack the app on your phone too. I've still not found anything it doesn't have. If you buy it in a modern shop with a barcode, it's probably got it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.