5:2 diet

SWP's back said:
inchy14 said:
SWP's back said:
DO you always cycle everyday and if so, for how long have you done that?

Started a few years ago but usually do it through the summer, 5 months or so.

Only started again a month ago, was training for 'Trek fest' the 54 mile hike in the peaks which i did last weekend, and i want to continue it at least till October/ November.

Doing the 3 peaks in a few weeks so want the quad work i'm getting from the bike.
Well you will obviously be burning more calories than most cycling 44 miles per day as it is and will probably achieve your goal without 5:2.

How much have you lost in the last month since you started cycling again?

Tbh mate, haven't weighed myself but going off the way i look i'd say 3-4 pounds, was drinking a fair bit but have decided to cut this back too. I'm a sucker for crisps and pastrys so it's taking a bit of will power to cut these out but certainly giving it a go.

Basically want to see some definition in my abs again which i haven't seen for quite a few years lol.

inchy14 said:
SWP's back said:
inchy14 said:
Started a few years ago but usually do it through the summer, 5 months or so.

Only started again a month ago, was training for 'Trek fest' the 54 mile hike in the peaks which i did last weekend, and i want to continue it at least till October/ November.

Doing the 3 peaks in a few weeks so want the quad work i'm getting from the bike.
Well you will obviously be burning more calories than most cycling 44 miles per day as it is and will probably achieve your goal without 5:2.

Tbh mate, haven't weighed myself but going off the way i look i'd say 3-4 pounds, was drinking a fair bit but have decided to cut this back too. I'm a sucker for crisps and pastrys so it's taking a bit of will power to cut these out but certainly giving it a go.

Basically want to see some definition in my abs again which i haven't seen for quite a few years lol.
Then it's the usual:

Cut back on the drink
Cut back on the shite
Exercise more

5:2 allows you to still have the odd treat when you want so it's 6 of one....

How did you find fasting and doing the cycling? I know I do rugby on one of my fast days (today) and it is hard work (I am sure I end up with a negative calorie intake for the day with 2 hours of rugby training) but it doesn't appear to do me any harm.

On my fast day today.

Had a muller rice yogurt, apple and have a fresh "superfood" salad which is a mix of veg and beans etc and tonight will have some chicken and steamed veg.

Should be around 600.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Weirdly enough i'm actually cutting back on my usual bad diet as a knock on effect of the fasting...changing a lot of my eating habits already and i'm only 2 fast days in
Yeah that happens.

The most noticable thing for me is when I am not fasting, my portion sizes are smaller (or I give more to my dog) as I get full so much quicker. Happy biproduct.

SWP's back said:
inchy14 said:
SWP's back said:

Then it's the usual:

Cut back on the drink
Cut back on the shite
Exercise more

5:2 allows you to still have the odd treat when you want so it's 6 of one....

How did you find fasting and doing the cycling? I know I do rugby on one of my fast days (today) and it is hard work (I am sure I end up with a negative calorie intake for the day with 2 hours of rugby training) but it doesn't appear to do me any harm.

Felt fine actually, was quicker than normal going home, maybe that was because i wanted something to eat and knew i could when i got home, just drank plenty of water during the day.

I'm certain i'll have been in negative calorie intake yesterday.

I'll do it again Thursday and see how i go on for a couple of weeks on it.

Also doing weights at home, presses, flys etc.. got a bench set up in the back room.

Taximania said:
Sorry matey but thats bollocks of the highest order.
And I dont mean that in a nasty way.. Let me explain..
This is the science behind it.
Your body needs a weekly deficit of approximatly 3500 calories a week to lose 1 pound of body fat.
Or a deficit of 500 calories a day to lose 1 pound of body fat over the full week ...Same thing.
Sooo how the heck do you lose 22 pounds of fat on your equations.
Did you sell a kidney or lose a leg ?
So on your calculations you eat a deficit of 1800 caloroes a day over 2 days which equates to 3600 calories of deficit over the week is only a smidgins over the the one pound loss mark a week ???
To lose 22 pounds over 5 week s which is over 4 pounds a week you would need to eat no more than 200 calories a day over 7 day period.
Also it has nothing to do with carbs protein or fats but has everything to do with calories in and calories out.
Eat less calories and excerise more and lose weight
Or eat more calories and excerise less and gain weight.
Macros are sensible to acheive the right balance but the above equation of cals in and cals out is the gospel reading.
By the way i am of the latter persuation.
Its not my glands its not my metabolic rate its not because im unlucky.
Its just that I eat too feckin much or more to the point drink too much
Why at this very moment I have carlsburg export poisining !
On a lighter note I have seen better distrubution and basic passing skills of the ball by Bacup borough fc than by feckin Sinclair.
Al jazera thank you for showing me the light.
It dont get any better does it...
Jesus wept if ever a man had to go !
That is all ;

ChicagoBlue said:
The science says it works!

2400 calories per day for the 5 days and 600 calories on the 2 days. 600 calories is more than you think if you eat REAL SUSTENANCE!!

Basically, eat normal food for 5 days and restrict yourself to a small breakfast and a small meal on the other days, drink lots of water and Bob's your uncle! If you restrict your CARBS to a minimum on the 5 days, the weight will fall off much quicker, you won't feel bloated and it will make the exercise you do much easier.

22lbs in 5 weeks.....and counting. I'm almost 50 yrs old and want to lose 40 more to get back to what I weighed when I graduated Uni. I have 5 months before I hit 50, so it is very doable, and will be my lifestyle by then.

Good luck!

Whilst Chicago Blue may have a few things wrong there in that he's not been precise mate, the amount is perfectly feasible, it also helps if you don't use a flawed mathematical formula ie '3500 calorie deficit = 1 pound of fat loss' to work it out, there is no clinical, peer reviewed data that shows this, ever, it was only ever introduced (over 50 years ago btw) as a rough guide, with many people having a 1,000 calorie sway either side, somewhere along the line it became 'gospel'.

Also, in that post he doesn't specifically say 'only fat loss', I can only see him referring to it as 'weight loss', and this can come from many sources, firstly glycogen depletion, the first clue is his comment about reducing carbs right down, not replenishing glycogen stores will reduce weight drastically, a lack of a decent amount of protein will account for muscle loss.

Then there's the fact we know nothing about him or his diet previously, he could have been on a binge for a month taking him further away from 'Homeostasis' for a brief period, this will normally come off quite quickly in comparison.

So when we take the above into account if he weighed himself am when glycogen is low after a good piss, shit and fart, then the figure is perfectly feasible :-).

Ended up doing about 650 calories yesterday, went over because I turned into Eric from banana man last night going through 2 of the yellow things after tea because my stomach was rumbling like fook, still not bad I suppose. I'm inputting everything that crosses my lips into my fitness pal which is helping, it says I should be having no more than 2300 calories a day to see some form of weight lose for my height weight etc. It's amazing to see what different food and drinks contain, had a bottle of fresh orange before and that had 220 calories in it! 2 of them and that's your fast day done in! Mad really.

bammy blue said:
Ended up doing about 650 calories yesterday, went over because I turned into Eric from banana man last night going through 2 of the yellow things after tea because my stomach was rumbling like fook, still not bad I suppose. I'm inputting everything that crosses my lips into my fitness pal which is helping, it says I should be having no more than 2300 calories a day to see some form of weight lose for my height weight etc. It's amazing to see what different food and drinks contain, had a bottle of fresh orange before and that had 220 calories in it! 2 of them and that's your fast day done in! Mad really.

What really is an eye opener is some of the cereals on the shelf, you may think they look and sound healthy but the sugar content in some is off the scale?

bammy blue said:

Full of sugar fruit juices aswell.

Gonna give this a go myself now. Weighed myself on Wii and was 13.1 this morning and considering I'm only 5' 4" I've got to do something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.