5 home games 21/22 to be able to buy a ticket for United game !?

This scramble for tickets demonstrates the urgent need to expand the capacity of the stadium.

Beyond adding a third tier to the North, I cannot see what can be done to increase the number of seats without closing one side or the other for an extended period.

Maybe it could prove cheaper and far less disruptive to build a brand new stadium elsewhere on the campus than to try and shoehorn extra seats in?
The club wanted to build a new stadium on the training ground site but there was a huge backlash from Sport England. They ultimately own the stadium even though the council receive the rent.

Politically it was not practical to do it as it was mainly funded by lottery money for the Commonwealth Games so demolishing it so soon after it was built wasn't a goer.

Yeh it was from the last accounts from 20/21 season with virtually no crowds due to covid matchday revenue was only 0.8m
Thanks DunfermlineBkue. Yes I think the 650mil was Euros that season but it will be close to pounds when the last year’s results are published.

So we know roughly that Matchday is about 10% of income. It’s a big chunk of what City’s administration (Danny Wilson, Roel de Vries) can control and will be performance managed on.

There was some luck involved, but there was more money than luck :O I didn't get from the club, I bought it on the open market, as I wanted to be there.

Agreed, local fans shoulod certainly be considered, but this type of decision alienates all overseas fans ...
Sounds harsh though local fans, i guess must take priority. Perhaps there should be a protocol for overseas fans to accrue points toward tickets. Big, BIG support and love to you for what you do as part of our wonderful City family.

Sounds harsh though local fans, i guess must take priority. Perhaps there should be a protocol for overseas fans to accrue points toward tickets. Big, BIG support and love to you for what you do as part of our wonderful City family.
Don't overseas supporters club branches get allocated a few tickets for members , each game , like the sc branches in the UK do ?

Don't overseas supporters club branches get allocated a few tickets for members , each game , like the sc branches in the UK do ?
They can do mate. However, a British Branch that only requested tickets for the Derby would be told where to go by the OSC.There’s probably more allowance for overseas Branches that can only make once a season visits.

The OSC do a tremendous job and I was even getting help last night when our bank hadn’t agreed the Community Shield ticket payment

If it stops dippers and rags sitting near me for these games I'm all for it. Unfortunately until they start taking away the season tickets from companies and people who basically use them to make money it won't.

The club wanted to build a new stadium on the training ground site but there was a huge backlash from Sport England. They ultimately own the stadium even though the council receive the rent.

Politically it was not practical to do it as it was mainly funded by lottery money for the Commonwealth Games so demolishing it so soon after it was built wasn't a goer.
Sport England put in £77m,
I cannot see that being the problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.