5 home games 21/22 to be able to buy a ticket for United game !?

I'm 'only' a match day fan, but am very disappointed by the change in the club's approach to making tickets available. I live in Scotland and can't make it to Manchester frequently enough to warrant a season ticket. In previous seasons, I've used my match day membership to buy two tickets/ fixture so my partner and I can watch City 2-3 times per season. The new rules now make it impossible to do this outside of the first three games of the season without her having her own match day membership, and ticket hunting for seats together on the day match tickets are made available.

This is poor/sharp practice on the part of the Club. I'm sure It could be seen as me cutting my nose off to spite my face, but today I chose not to take the restricted choice of the first three games of the season. In seasons gone by I fully accepted that I couldn't get tickets to the Derby, but I refuse to play along with what is basically Hobson's choice. I can't imagine City will be sorry to lose my legacy supporter business, but I won't be renewing my match day membership next year, and wouldn't have renewed it this year had I known about the new rules being imposed.

Shame on the club.

I'm 'only' a match day fan, but am very disappointed by the change in the club's approach to making tickets available. I live in Scotland and can't make it to Manchester frequently enough to warrant a season ticket. In previous seasons, I've used my match day membership to buy two tickets/ fixture so my partner and I can watch City 2-3 times per season. The new rules now make it impossible to do this outside of the first three games of the season without her having her own match day membership, and ticket hunting for seats together on the day match tickets are made available.

This is poor/sharp practice on the part of the Club. I'm sure It could be seen as me cutting my nose off to spite my face, but today I chose not to take the restricted choice of the first three games of the season. In seasons gone by I fully accepted that I couldn't get tickets to the Derby, but I refuse to play along with what is basically Hobson's choice. I can't imagine City will be sorry to lose my legacy supporter business, but I won't be renewing my match day membership next year, and wouldn't have renewed it this year had I known about the new rules being imposed.

Shame on the club.
Think you’re jumping the gun fella, obviously the first three home games are on offer but there’ll be plenty more over the season, that’s before you factor in CL & cup games, it’s not a time to flip flop, get yourselves some tickets tomorrow & come see the best footballing side on the planet….genuine offer, I have a spare adult membership that my old fella might use once or twice and a child’s that was bought in error, he’s two and doesn’t need a match ticket. Drop me a DM anytime and we can sort something out

Think you’re jumping the gun fella, obviously the first three home games are on offer but there’ll be plenty more over the season, that’s before you factor in CL & cup games, it’s not a time to flip flop, get yourselves some tickets tomorrow & come see the best footballing side on the planet….genuine offer, I have a spare adult membership that my old fella might use once or twice and a child’s that was bought in error, he’s two and doesn’t need a match ticket. Drop me a DM anytime and we can sort something out
There really are some top class people on this forum !

I agree with Jesus (Who doesn't ;) and in fact, my angst may have jumped the gun a bit. I'm willing to let everything play out, especially when we have a great body of people here on the forum who will always try and help out when they can.

Having said that, I still think 'policy' people at the club are not in tune with the average fan. I'd hate us to turn in to the Arsenal of the North (In regard tickets and pricing).

I agree with Jesus (Who doesn't ;) and in fact, my angst may have jumped the gun a bit. I'm willing to let everything play out, especially when we have a great body of people here on the forum who will always try and help out when they can.

Having said that, I still think 'policy' people at the club are not in tune with the average fan. I'd hate us to turn in to the Arsenal of the North (In regard tickets and pricing).
did you go to the City away game at Wembley v Tottenham,monday night October 2018 ? we won 1-0,after the game me and my mate were really drunk and walked all the way up wembley way with an American City fan that heard us talking,we didn't half take the piss out of spurs fans.

did you go to the City away game at Wembley v Tottenham,monday night October 2018 ? we won 1-0,after the game me and my mate were really drunk and walked all the way up wembley way with an American City fan that heard us talking,we didn't half take the piss out of spurs fans.
No, wasn't me, I still have my Stockport twang even after 30 years over here. Can't beat a bit of Spursy piss taking though :D

Cheers pal….obviously offer extended to your good self or anyone I can help out in that respect. The club seem to be jumping from one idea to another year to year, and leaving some supporters behind, as a forum we should help those affected by the changes wherever we can

It seems to me that this criteria of purchasing 5 tickets during the previous season is limited to matches against the red shits.
This could be to ensure that away fans aren’t getting tickets based on having attended matches against their teams since the new stadium opened.
I remember reading something last season about filthy scousers bragging they’d had a match card/membership at City for years and always qualified for tickets because they had a record of attending matches at The Etihad.
They’ll struggle to do so again with this new method as it’s extremely unlikely they will have attended 5 matches watching the Champions in action last season.
Personally it doesn’t work for me as I only went to one match last season yet I have over 3000 points as a Cityzen member, it would be nice for the club to include points in the ticket selling criteria as well, but it is what it is. I’m not convinced it will sell out without a further change to the selling criteria anyway. Time will tell if they need to change their methods.

It seems to me that this criteria of purchasing 5 tickets during the previous season is limited to matches against the red shits.
This could be to ensure that away fans aren’t getting tickets based on having attended matches against their teams since the new stadium opened.
I remember reading something last season about filthy scousers bragging they’d had a match card/membership at City for years and always qualified for tickets because they had a record of attending matches at The Etihad.
They’ll struggle to do so again with this new method as it’s extremely unlikely they will have attended 5 matches watching the Champions in action last season.
Personally it doesn’t work for me as I only went to one match last season yet I have over 3000 points as a Cityzen member, it would be nice for the club to include points in the ticket selling criteria as well, but it is what it is. I’m not convinced it will sell out without a further change to the selling criteria anyway. Time will tell if they need to change their methods.
There will be no further criteria.

17 out of 21 "Hospitality Package" options have sold out v United.

The 4 remaining are all offsite:

Gaucho £400 - Tickets EL3
CFA £400 - Tickets anywhere
Vermilion £299 - Ticket EL3
Tast £250 - Tickets anywhere

EL3 and WL3 has the best Silver discounts as a % too, in the wings anyway.

Clearly someone has a good plan maximising revenue out of the ESL games and the Toxic 2 in particular. The balance between making every penny out of these games and looking after the Members of the Club is tilted far too much towards the former these days.

There will be no further criteria.

17 out of 21 "Hospitality Package" options have sold out v United.

The 4 remaining are all offsite:

Gaucho £400 - Tickets EL3
CFA £400 - Tickets anywhere
Vermilion £299 - Ticket EL3
Tast £250 - Tickets anywhere

EL3 and WL3 has the best Silver discounts as a % too, in the wings anyway.

Clearly someone has a good plan maximising revenue out of the ESL games and the Toxic 2 in particular. The balance between making every penny out of these games and looking after the Members of the Club is tilted far too much towards the former these days.
My 'Like' was just to say I agree, it wasn't because I LIKE "The balance between making every penny out of these games and looking after the Members of the Club is tilted far too much towards the former these days." :(

Will be interesting to see if they add any more hospitality options before the game with United(or LIverpool), showing that they are further skimming cheap seats away, for hospitality purposes.

I think they may be looking at Cafe Chez Asda for another offsite option ! Just 375 quid for a seat on the back row of EL3, a no-boot voucher for the Asda car park, a 'pick 3' from the menu, and a free guided walking tour from the 'dining facilities' to the stadium :O

Last edited:
my point is,with city these days,its money,from the point you're making to the point i made about a jcl corporate can come along with his money and get away tickets from the off,its all about money it seems to me.
But you can’t though can you ?
This point has been made before.
Corporate are allocated a number of tickets and you then apply for them . A ballot is taken and then you either do or don’t get tickets . You aren’t guaranteed three away tickets at all . If you apply for , say three tickets, you might get one. It all depends on allocation.
I applied for a number of always last year and didn’t get any for Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or, bizarrely, Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.