5 | John Stones - 2024/25

*lol* Look I don't want @Ric to get into trouble but I thought if I put the copyright symbol on it might be ok!!

And he does look fit.... I'm old not dead and can tell when a footballer is looking ready to play football. *cheeky wink*

:-)

I don't have a counterargument I'm assuming you are right because I don't know enough about the topic and refuse to do the research.

I'll argue with anyone on here but I know my limits ;-)

Stones isn't a completely strong personality which is not a slight in itself but going off recent City Captains that quality tends to get the arm band

It depends what your idea of a strong personality is, also what you think effective leadership is. There are some in the Leadership group who should not be in it over Stones. Appreciate there is a particular view of that in footbal.

He is hugely influential on the pitch just not by pointing and shouting. By all accounts popular at the club. He understands Pep ball better than most.

The few times I have seen him as Captain I thought he was class, in CL group matches where the youngsters play. I remember in particular him insisting Kalvin Phillips take a penalty (can’t remember which) That mattered.

I suspect that ultimately he doesn’t want it and his teammates know that.

The best leaders are those who don’t seek it.

Also just to say ultimately the squad know who should Captain and there is a place for shouting and pointing!

It depends what your idea of a strong personality is, also what you think effective leadership is. There are some in the Leadership group who should not be in it over Stones. Appreciate there is a particular view of that in footbal.

He is hugely influential on the pitch just not by pointing and shouting. By all accounts popular at the club. He understands Pep ball better than most.

The few times I have seen him as Captain I thought he was class, in CL group matches where the youngsters play. I remember in particular him insisting Kalvin Phillips take a penalty (can’t remember which) That mattered.

I suspect that ultimately he doesn’t want it and his teammates know that.

The best leaders are those who don’t seek it.
I am still don't think Stones does cut it as a Captain but that isn't a slight at all. There are better candidates at City including the returning Gundo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.