50 loyalty points for notts county

WNRH said:
johnmc said:
Makes me laugh how people accuse fans of being "JCL"s yet they will want a ticket for the final but none of the earlier rounds because they went to games 10 years ago and that should be rewarded.

Spot on, why is John Smith season ticket holder for 20 years but has watched the europa league games on tv because he couldn't bothered going to any of them deserve a ticket for the final of that competition than Steve Jones who goes to a few league games but has been to every Europa League game? The competition obvsiously didn't mean much to John Smith yet he wants to go when we get to the final?

Because they've got more loyalty points!!! It really is that simple.
If you want more loyalty points - buy a season card

wireblue said:
WNRH said:
Spot on, why is John Smith season ticket holder for 20 years but has watched the europa league games on tv because he couldn't bothered going to any of them deserve a ticket for the final of that competition than Steve Jones who goes to a few league games but has been to every Europa League game? The competition obvsiously didn't mean much to John Smith yet he wants to go when we get to the final?

But who is more loyal for that season? One who couldn't be bothered going to the cup games or one that could and went to everyone?

WNRH said:
wireblue said:

But who is more loyal for that season? One who couldn't be bothered going to the cup games or one that could and went to everyone?
But why should loyalty be based on a season by season basis, surely it should run over a longer period of time than that?

WNRH said:
For me there should be a league loyalty system and a cups one. The league one can be a continuous system whilst the cup can be a yearly one.

Those who say they cannot get time off or cannot travel midweek because they live so far away you can bet your money that somehow their reasons/excuses will go out of the window when we get in the champions league.

How do you know this? Are you psychic? Or are you just spouting absolute bollocks?
Doesn't the same apply for non-seasoncard holders who pick and choose which league games they go to? You know, those who can't be arsed when it's Wigan or Fulham at home in a lunctime Saturday or Sunday televised league game?
To quote your own words right back at you, "you can bet your money that somehow their reasons/excuses will go out of the window" when we play the rags, Scouse, Chelsea, Arsenal etc at home,

WNRH said:
I think if someone goes to all the cup games in the europa league they deserve a ticket to go to the final just the same as someone goes to all the league games they deserve a ticket for the big games.

All this 50 points thing will do is the season ticket holders that never go, will get a ticket just so they get the 50 points and then give the ticket away or sell it really cheap and watch it on TV at home which kinda defeats the object. I've already been offered to go to the Notts County game for free by someone who "didn't realise the game was on a sunday" when he bought the ticket....
Which they could also do if there was a separate points system for cup games.

wireblue said:
johnmc said:
Makes me laugh how people accuse fans of being "JCL"s yet they will want a ticket for the final but none of the earlier rounds because they went to games 10 years ago and that should be rewarded.

if they went to games 10 years ago they won't have enough loyalty points. However, if they've have had a season card for the past 10 years then they will do - quite rightly so.

You are missing it though - they are accusing people of being Johnny Come Latelys - yet they only want tickets for the latter stages themselves.

And I'm not arguing my own agenda here, if anything I'm arguing against my position as I havent been every cup game myself.

There should be a seperate league and cup loyalty system in my opinion. It would increase attendances now we are getting to latter stages of cup competions. Its not just "JCL"s that are penalised by this 10 year points accrual but proper young fans who just cant compete for a derby ticket as they have only had a season ticket as long as they could go for. Yes they will eventually catch up if they go to the away games the old brigade dont fancy but it could take year s whilst the old brigade keep picking up the tickets for the Swamp, Anfield and any finals we might get to.

WNRH said:
wireblue said:

The person who has bought the season card is more loyal for that season because they have made a commitment for the full year rather than on a game by game basis. Like i said in a previous post - the club actively WANT people to buy season cards rather than buy tickets on a game by game basis and for that reason will reward people heavily for doing so - it is part of the attraction of buying a season card.
I can't see how anyone can have a problem with unyielding and continuous loyalty of 20 years being rewarded over loyalty for 6 months

wireblue said:
The person who has bought the season card is more loyal for that season because they have made a commitment for the full year rather than on a game by game basis. Like i said in a previous post - the club actively WANT people to buy season cards rather than buy tickets on a game by game basis and for that reason will reward people heavily for doing so - it is part of the attraction of buying a season card.
I can't see how anyone can have a problem with unyielding and continuous loyalty of 20 years being rewarded over loyalty for 6 months

Ok then mate. 2 season ticket holders. One 40 years old and one 20 years old. 40 year old has been accruing points since the system began but never goes away apart from the big games and only picks and chooses his cup games. The 20 year is "mad for it" and will go any game he can get a ticket for, home and away and even reserves. 20 year old has only had season ticket 4 years and doesnt have as many points as the 40 year old.

Who deserves a ticket more?

Matty said:
WNRH said:
But why should loyalty be based on a season by season basis, surely it should run over a longer period of time than that?

I'm not, i'm just pointing out the flaw in the system we use. Who is more "loyal" and deserving of a final ticket one who has 5000 points and has had a season ticket for years but hasn't been to a cup game because he couldn't be bothered or someone who has a citycard and has been to every cup game?

WNRH said:
Matty said:

I'm not, i'm just pointing out the flaw in the system we use. Who is more "loyal" and deserving of a final ticket one who has 5000 points and has had a season ticket for years but hasn't been to a cup game because he couldn't be bothered or someone who has a citycard and has been to every cup game?
The seasoncard holder as he committed upfront to the full 19 game home fixture list.

There's an argument for looking into the loyalty system for seasoncard holders who are quite young and through age alone haven't been able to accrue enough points when compared to an older seasoncard holder, but not for Citycard holders.

LongsightM13 said:
How do you know this? Are you psychic? Or are you just spouting absolute bollocks?
Doesn't the same apply for non-seasoncard holders who pick and choose which league games they go to? You know, those who can't be arsed when it's Wigan or Fulham at home in a lunctime Saturday or Sunday televised league game?

To quote your own words right back at you, "you can bet your money that somehow their reasons/excuses will go out of the window" when we play the rags, Scouse, Chelsea, Arsenal etc at home

We're talking for a final where allocation will be half that of appliers.

WNRH said:
I think if someone goes to all the cup games in the europa league they deserve a ticket to go to the final just the same as someone goes to all the league games they deserve a ticket for the big games.

All this 50 points thing will do is the season ticket holders that never go, will get a ticket just so they get the 50 points and then give the ticket away or sell it really cheap and watch it on TV at home which kinda defeats the object. I've already been offered to go to the Notts County game for free by someone who "didn't realise the game was on a sunday" when he bought the ticket....
Which they could also do if there was a separate points system for cup games.[/quote]

They could but if people knew that by turning up on their own card/supporters number would give them a better chance of getting a final ticket they would turn down that ticket and get their own.

In the event that we get sell outs for all cup games, the criteria would be how many cup games they went to plus how many loyalty points the have. So if Fan A has 6000 points and has been to 5 cup games and Fan B has 1000 points and has been to 5 cup games, Fan A would get that ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.