50 loyalty points for notts county

johnmc said:
wireblue said:
The person who has bought the season card is more loyal for that season because they have made a commitment for the full year rather than on a game by game basis. Like i said in a previous post - the club actively WANT people to buy season cards rather than buy tickets on a game by game basis and for that reason will reward people heavily for doing so - it is part of the attraction of buying a season card.
I can't see how anyone can have a problem with unyielding and continuous loyalty of 20 years being rewarded over loyalty for 6 months

Ok then mate. 2 season ticket holders. One 40 years old and one 20 years old. 40 year old has been accruing points since the system began but never goes away apart from the big games and only picks and chooses his cup games. The 20 year is "mad for it" and will go any game he can get a ticket for, home and away and even reserves. 20 year old has only had season ticket 4 years and doesnt have as many points as the 40 year old.

Who deserves a ticket more?

I would think that the person who has had a season card for four years and been to every game home and away as well as all cup games would have more loyalty points than the person who has had a seasoncard for 20 years but never goes to cup/away games. I may be wrong but i don't think i am. But either way they would BOTH get a ticket to a final because they'd have a hell of a lot of loyalty points.
But whoever did have more loyalty points would be the person who most deserved a ticket - the 20 year old who you refer to has bought a season card and made a commitment to the club - you have been saying people who don't have a seasoncard but go to all the cup games should get priority and i just don't agree with you

Matty said:
WNRH said:
I'm not, i'm just pointing out the flaw in the system we use. Who is more "loyal" and deserving of a final ticket one who has 5000 points and has had a season ticket for years but hasn't been to a cup game because he couldn't be bothered or someone who has a citycard and has been to every cup game?
The seasoncard holder as he committed upfront to the full 19 game home fixture list.

There's an argument for looking into the loyalty system for seasoncard holders who are quite young and through age alone haven't been able to accrue enough points when compared to an older seasoncard holder, but not for Citycard holders.

But surely they are guaranteed 19 games at decent times where 3/4 of them will be at the weekends where they know that each game will be full strength with only a few of them on TV? Like i said before, i am not saying one is more loyal than the other but just because they have paid upfront does that mean they are more loyal than someone buying a ticket on the day when the game is at 8pm on a thursday night watching an understrength side against a team no one knows any of their players when it is on TV?

johnmc said:
Its a flawed system but then again any system will be flawed.

Spot on again, if only those who have lots of loyalty points could be bothered to go to the cup games especially in the early rounds then this conversation would never come up.

WNRH said:
johnmc said:
Its a flawed system but then again any system will be flawed.

Spot on again, if only those who have lots of loyalty points could be bothered to go to the cup games especially in the early rounds then this conversation would never come up.

By the same token if all those people who went to 'cup games only' could be bothered to buy a season card this conversation would never come up..
And you even refer to "people with lots of loyalty points" bothering turning up - surely you can see the irony in that statement....

wireblue said:
WNRH said:

By the same token if all those people who went to 'cup games only' could be bothered to buy a season card this conversation would never come up..

Not really though is it, it's abig difference from spending £500 upfront than £15 every month.

WNRH said:
wireblue said:

Not really though is it, it's abig difference from spending £500 upfront than £15 every month.

EXACTLY!!!! That's my point! It is a massive difference between paying £500 up front and £15 every month - that's why people who pay £500 up front get rewarded so heavily for it

WNRH said:
Matty said:
The seasoncard holder as he committed upfront to the full 19 game home fixture list.

There's an argument for looking into the loyalty system for seasoncard holders who are quite young and through age alone haven't been able to accrue enough points when compared to an older seasoncard holder, but not for Citycard holders.

But surely they are guaranteed 19 games at decent times where 3/4 of them will be at the weekends where they know that each game will be full strength with only a few of them on TV? Like i said before, i am not saying one is more loyal than the other but just because they have paid upfront does that mean they are more loyal than someone buying a ticket on the day when the game is at 8pm on a thursday night watching an understrength side against a team no one knows any of their players when it is on TV?
With cup games being approx half the price of league games then, in this scenario, it's understandable that the club rewards the seasoncard holder.

we've all been young, we've all been new to city, we've had to wait our turn and collect tokens/points along the way.
i can't believe the uproar and calls to change the system cos it does'nt suit.
its the way it is, get over it.

i did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.