50 loyalty points for notts county

de niro said:
we've all been young, we've all been new to city, we've had to wait our turn and collect tokens/points along the way.
i can't believe the uproar and calls to change the system cos it does'nt suit.
its the way it is, get over it.

i did.

Nail. head. hit

wireblue said:
WNRH said:
Not really though is it, it's abig difference from spending £500 upfront than £15 every month.

EXACTLY!!!! That's my point! It is a massive difference between paying £500 up front and £15 every month - that's why people who pay £500 up front get rewarded so heavily for it
That's my opinion too. Plus the £500 up front is actually more, in monetary terms than £15 for home cup games every so often. We've so far played 5 home cup games, with a minimum of 2 to come, compare that to 19 home league matches, the majority of which will cost more to buy a ticket for.

de niro said:
we've all been young, we've all been new to city, we've had to wait our turn and collect tokens/points along the way.

i did.

Spot on !

de niro said:

i did.

Yeah, that's true for everyone. I've had a seaoncard/ticket since the 1999/2000 season (i.e. since I left University, got my first job and could actually afford one). I attend all the home cup games but, apart from a few matches eeveral years ago, I don't go to away games. I've currently got 4235 loyalty points, which is pretty decent, but still nowhere near enough to get a ticket for the derby at OT. I'm willing to accept that, there are some who attend more games, and have been seasoncard holders longer, so they have more points. Why should I have to wait over a decade to reach the point where I am now, i.e. I can probably get tickets for most games if I so wish based on my longevity and loyalty, but todays newcomers get it early and easy because they watch a couple of Thursday night matches against Romanian opposition?

Matty said:
wireblue said:
EXACTLY!!!! That's my point! It is a massive difference between paying £500 up front and £15 every month - that's why people who pay £500 up front get rewarded so heavily for it
That's my opinion too. Plus the £500 up front is actually more, in monetary terms than £15 for home cup games every so often. We've so far played 5 home cup games, with a minimum of 2 to come, compare that to 19 home league matches, the majority of which will cost more to buy a ticket for.

Of course it is. And let's turn the argument around - let's say the rules are changed and people hardly got any points for season cards as opposed to cup games and loads of season card holders missed out on a final this year. What would happen? People would think i'll pick and choose my league games and only go to the big ones and then go to all the discounted cup games and guarantee myself a ticket for the final. The result of which would be people wouldn't be prepared to pay £40 a week to stoke, blackburn etc etc and our home league gates would drop massively and thus our income as a club would fall through the floor.
Anyone who can't see that the current system is the best way of doing things has either a personal agenda (which i can understand) or they just aren't very clever and seeing the whole picture

Matty said:
wireblue said:

Lets take it away from football then and use a restaurant as an example.

Who is more loyal?

Someone who goes every week to the restaurant spending £50 each time or someone who saves up every week to go to that restaurant and spends £50 each time?

Every system that will be used for this will be flawed, and both you are wireblue are right but then i too am also right, the weird thing is is that none of us are wrong, what we can all agree on though is that this system we use is the best at the moment but it is so flawed that it doesn't actually award the loyalty of some people.

WNRH said:
Matty said:

Who is more loyal?

Someone who goes every week to the restaurant spending £50 each time or someone who saves up every week to go to that restaurant and spends £50 each time?

Every system that will be used for this will be flawed, and both you are wireblue are right but then i too am also right, the weird thing is is that none of us are wrong, what we can all agree on though is that this system we use is the best at the moment but it is so flawed that it doesn't actually award the loyalty of some people.

I don't like using examples of other walks of life to make a point about football - but i'll answer. If a person phones up the restaurant quite often on a friday to book a table for the saturday and spends £50 the restaurant will consider them to be a loyal customer and treat them well.
If however they have another customer who, once a year, pays for all the meals they have up front in one lump sum and tells them exactly which dates they will be going along for a meal, that restaurant will consider them to be their absolute finest customers and will treat them better than any other customer they have where at all possible

WNRH said:
Matty said:

Who is more loyal?

But the restaurant exampel you've used isn't the same argument you were making.

The same argument would be for me to pay £500 at the start of the year for 19 meals whereas you save up each week and occasionally go for an "early bird special" at £15 a meal.

Also what you're not takign into consideration is those who pay up front run the risk of later circumstances meaning they've paid for a game they subsequently can't attend. If you're a citycard holder and you can't make a game you don't buy that game, simple. I, assuming we beat Notts County, can't make the Fulham game as it'll be moved to the Sunday and I'm in Prague on a stag do. I also, unless the game is moved for TV, can't make the West Ham game on the 30th April as the wedding for the stag do I'm on for the Fulham game is on that day. I have already paid approx £27 for each of those games. I should be rewarded more than a pay-as-you-go fan for this initial outlay.

Matty said:
WNRH said:

Who is more loyal?

But the restaurant exampel you've used isn't the same argument you were making.

The same argument would be for me to pay £500 at the start of the year for 19 meals whereas you save up each week and occasionally go for an "early bird special" at £15 a meal.

Also what you're not takign into consideration is those who pay up front run the risk of later circumstances meaning they've paid for a game they subsequently can't attend. If you're a citycard holder and you can't make a game you don't buy that game, simple. I, assuming we beat Notts County, can't make the Fulham game as it'll be moved to the Sunday and I'm in Prague on a stag do. I also, unless the game is moved for TV, can't make the West Ham game on the 30th April as the wedding for the stag do I'm on for the Fulham game is on that day. I have already paid approx £27 for each of those games. I should be rewarded more than a pay-as-you-go fan for this initial outlay.

If at the end of the year the restaurant threw a big party to their loyal customers i can guarantee the people they ask to go along first would be the people who pay for all their meals up front rather than on an ad hoc basis. Why? Because guaranteed income is worth more to a business than someone who goes every now and again

Got to say well done City for this.

50 points for Notts County and at what, 15 quid a ticket, is seriously making me tempted to go to the game

And as for the argument about younger fans, if you accept that you're down the pecking order for a few seasons, but try to build the points up, youll get rewarded eventually. I did. Couldnt get to places like United for almost 5 years of going away regularly (Well I lie, got to Liverpool after 2 seasons of waiting) but I gained points from games such as Middlesbrough in mid-week, Birmingham mid week (the 40 quid game that caused the outroar years back), Crystal Palace, Arsenal on a Sunday night, and so on

And for about 2 seasons my reward for that was a United ticket. I haven't got enough these days for the derby but I accept that because I havent deserved one as I dont go away as much these days.

Anyway, I find the so called 'crap games' to be more fun than United away etc. Last time I went United in the league was the season before the Munich anniversary and couldnt believe how many non-regulars there seemed to be there - mainly older people. (although, still saw lots of the same old faces)

Every system aint perfect. But ours is still damn good for what it is when you consider the United system with everyone having to enter a ballot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.