52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit worried he's not gonna get enough gametime

Kev has been injured pretty much the entire season yet he's been restricted to only a handful of appearances and cameos. That's also with Jack being on the injury list more than he's ever been.

He's 13 months younger than Palmer, so he's at the same stage Cole was last summer...and while I don't expect to leave as he's just signed an extension the year Coles had at Chelsea has allowed him to flourish more than he ever would with us

I'm tempted to say the club should loan him, he needs significant minutes. I guess with Palmer we had Mahrez leaving so he had an avenue into the first XI, so unless Bernardo leaves which you never know as he's linked away every year there isn't really a place for him right now. And honestly if Bernardo leaves I expect us to get I na replacement, he's a much more integral part of our team to Mahrez was in his last season.

Am I right in saying with the new Champions League format there will be more games next year? Maybe that helps a little. But outside of that he will struggle.

Think a loan move to a Brighton or potentially Palace (if they lose Olise/Eze) or West Ham (if they lose Paqueta/Kudus) would be a great moves, even Girona could work with them getting champions league (and maybe Savio not returning)

Kev has been injured pretty much the entire season yet he's been restricted to only a handful of appearances and cameos. That's also with Jack being on the injury list more than he's ever been.

He's 13 months younger than Palmer, so he's at the same stage Cole was last summer...and while I don't expect to leave as he's just signed an extension the year Coles had at Chelsea has allowed him to flourish more than he ever would with us

I'm tempted to say the club should loan him, he needs significant minutes. I guess with Palmer we had Mahrez leaving so he had an avenue into the first XI, so unless Bernardo leaves which you never know as he's linked away every year there isn't really a place for him right now. And honestly if Bernardo leaves I expect us to get I na replacement, he's a much more integral part of our team to Mahrez was in his last season.

Am I right in saying with the new Champions League format there will be more games next year? Maybe that helps a little. But outside of that he will struggle.

Think a loan move to a Brighton or potentially Palace (if they lose Olise/Eze) or West Ham (if they lose Paqueta/Kudus) would be a great moves, even Girona could work with them getting champions league (and maybe Savio not returning)

He made his debut a bit later, so I wouldn't go with any Palmer comparisons just yet. Palmer made his debut at 18 with a couple of appearances. His first 'full' season, he played about 400 minutes in 11 appearances. Bobb has already played 800 minutes in 25 appearances this season.

It's absolutely normal for Pep to play new/young players much more at the start of the season too. And at the end of every season, they drop off the radar, and the more established players step up. That's one reason why we end the season so strongly.

I'd expect Bobb to play double those minutes next season, and given his late start, I doubt he's getting edgy yet.

Palmer has had a great season, but Chelsea is a special case. They have the youngest squad in the league by some distance - there just isn't anywhere else that a 21 year old could have gone in and taken over penalty duty, or establish themselves as the main attacking threat.

Foden has made people think that staying here is ALWAYS the best thing. It isn’t. Bobb should be loaned out next season. We’re going to sign 2 maybe 3 midfielders and 1 maybe 2 wingers (if Savio goes out to Girona again)… Bobb isn’t going to play.

Not everyone is Foden, but not everyone is Palmer either. It's on Bobb, he needs to make a decision for himself. I prefer a loan. With the competition here, he won't play too many games. Last year, I said Palmer had to leave because I knew he had the ability he showed this season, he just lacked playing time and opportunity. Similarly, Bobb also has the talent. Whether he can do it and how to do it can only be decided by himself.

If the club could manage that it would be an excellent opportunity for him. As you say if Bernie leaves, we will get a replacement, a player with calibre, not a developing youngster. In that case, he may well want to follow Palmer's line of thinking to venture out to seek opportunities beyond Manchester.

If the club could manage that it would be an excellent opportunity for him. As you say if Bernie leaves, we will get a replacement, a player with calibre, not a developing youngster. In that case, he may well want to follow Palmer's line of thinking to venture out to seek opportunities beyond Manchester.
He's shown he's got the talent and the temperament ; give him a chance Pep.

Last edited:
I think the best thing to happen to Bobb will be Bernardo staying seeing as Brokelona don't want to pay for him and it's more than likely he will stay as City won't budge from their valuation.

Pep doesn't need to find out if Bernardo is Mr. dependable. Bobb could easily deputize on the right wing if needed for the first half the season and provide valuable rest for Bernardo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.