52 | Oscar Bobb - 2024/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure someone say the way he plays and moves reminds them of Eden Hazard and I can’t unsee it now
Some player that lad

Oscar Bobb was EDS Player of the Season for two consecutive years; he is a talent. Even players of his gifts will have good games and others where they don't perform - patience and support is key.
It is clear that a front line of youthful exuberance and skill like Doku, Savinho, Foden, Bobb and Haaland will be a mouth-watering prospect and hijacks the parked bus.

I think he will get games this year, but he cannot be expected to change the game every time he comes on. At this stage, contribute to the team, work hard, be patient, and take those opportunities. We are not seeking someone who tries to do everything for themselves just to personally shine. Luckily, that's not his game.

Looking at Bobb his ceiling is a lot higher than Foden for me, early days but he is a hell of a talent.

Foden is far more Iniesta than a Messi.

Bobb is 21, not extremely young, it's the time when he should start to progress and make his mark.

Foden at 21 was much better.

not quite sure where he can get serious game time against Bernardo, Grealish, Doku, Savinho on wide areas.

Bobb's total minutes were last season:
PL: 300 (only two apps with more than 45 minutes played, rest was all as sub coming on)
CL: 200 (vs Red Star and Copenhagen mostly)
Carabao: 90
FA: 180

since then we added Savinho, and assuming no big name leaves like Alvarez, KDB then I struggle to see how Bobb will double/triple his 700 minutes even tho he looks ready for a breakout season and when if not now he just turned 21. he doesnt need to wait til 23/24 age really...

imo a loan can still be on the cards for him.

Bobb is 21, not extremely young, it's the time when he should start to progress and make his mark.

Foden at 21 was much better.
Development isn't linear:
Phil has been at City for 20 years, Oscar for five. Let's just be happy that we have an established academy player of genuine world-class, and an emerging prospect who could become that.

not quite sure where he can get serious game time against Bernardo, Grealish, Doku, Savinho on wide areas.

Bobb's total minutes were last season:
PL: 300 (only two apps with more than 45 minutes played, rest was all as sub coming on)
CL: 200 (vs Red Star and Copenhagen mostly)
Carabao: 90
FA: 180

since then we added Savinho, and assuming no big name leaves like Alvarez, KDB then I struggle to see how Bobb will double/triple his 700 minutes even tho he looks ready for a breakout season and when if not now he just turned 21. he doesnt need to wait til 23/24 age really...

imo a loan can still be on the cards for him.
I have a feeling that Bern and Jack will play inside. We also can't suppose that Oscar will not overtake someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.