52 | Oscar Bobb - 2024/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion yet. Bobb looks brilliant, but he’s barely played. (I’m not counting friendlies)

Foden is a generational talent in my view. Bobbs not there yet. Once everyone is back I’m not 100% sure he will get enough minutes either.
Foden is a magnificent player but also Bobb like Foden in his early days has that x factor, just look at Pep's face when he is on the ball, that says everything.

I made my mind up about Bob when he scored against the bar codes. Not many other players could have scored that goal. The speed of thought (and feet) was astonishing. He still gives the ball away a little too much but will learn with experience. What a prospect we have next season with Doku, Grealish, Bobb and Savinho competing for places.

Doku Haaland Savinho
Foden. KDB
Rodri
Gvardiol Akanji. Ake. Walker
Eddie

Grealish. Alvarez. Bobb
Bernardo. Nunes/McAtee
Kova
Lewis. Stones Dias JWE
Ortega

Looks ok. Full backs looks like an area we could strengthen but Akanji and Ake are both competent.
That second team is more than capable of winning the caribou cup whilst giving some playing time to other youngsters.

Last edited:
Hope he starts the season in the team. Give him that chance, then it's up to him to take it.

Every time he's on the pitch he looks like he has the magic 'it'. Even in the quieter games, he looks like a senior player that's having a quieter game.

I made my mind up about Bob when he scored against the bar codes. Not many other players could have scored that goal. The speed of thought (and feet) was astonishing. He still gives the ball away a little too much but will learn with experience. What a prospect we have next season with Doku, Grealish, Bobb and Savinho competing for places.

Doku Haaland Savinho
Foden. KDB
Rodri
Guardiola Akanji. Ake. Walker
Eddie

Grealish. Alvarez. Bobb
Bernardo. Nunes/McAtee
Kova
Lewis. Stones Dias JWE
Ortega

Looks ok. Full backs looks like an area we could strengthen but Akanji and Ake are both competent.
That second team is more than capable of winning the caribou cup whilst giving some playing time to other youngsters.
Not sure Pep has registered himself.

Oscar Bobb was EDS Player of the Season for two consecutive years; he is a talent. Even players of his gifts will have good games and others where they don't perform - patience and support is key.
It is clear that a front line of youthful exuberance and skill like Doku, Savinho, Foden, Bobb and Haaland will be a mouth-watering prospect and hijacks the parked bus.

I think he will get games this year, but he cannot be expected to change the game every time he comes on. At this stage, contribute to the team, work hard, be patient, and take those opportunities. We are not seeking someone who tries to do everything for themselves just to personally shine. Luckily, that's not his game.
I think Julian will leave don't think pep will keep a unhappy player who wants to be first choice number 9 .I'm sure bobb prefers playing through the middle but can play out wide gives him options and hopefully more minutes Your second paragraph got me a little giddy I thought Hamilton did well also and the Swedish guy .would we be tempted to throw 2 million on the table take it or leave it offer to troyes for the guy to be an attacking option from the bench

Doku Haaland Savinho
Foden. KDB
Rodri
Guardiola Akanji. Ake. Walker
Eddie

Grealish. Alvarez. Bobb
Bernardo. Nunes/McAtee
Kova
Lewis. Stones Dias JWE
Ortega

See leftback of first XI

Does not stop Bobb having a higher potential.

We'll find out I suppose.

Personally I don't see quite the same ceiling as I saw in Phil.

Phil might not even be at his peak yet and was player of the year last season.

Bobb is certainly an excellent talent but I've not seen anything yet that makes me absolutely convinced he will take the league by storm. I always expected Phil would.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.