52 | Oscar Bobb - 2024/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden is a magnificent player but also Bobb like Foden in his early days has that x factor, just look at Pep's face when he is on the ball, that says everything.
To be fair he is 21. Foden at 17, especially for England was one of the top young talents in Europe.

Currently bobb has played a few matches here and there. He needs consistent game time and to perform at a high level regularly. Until he does that I don’t think you can fairly compare hm to foden

He is ready for regualr first team...his ind and feet are so quick...he has assists and will add goals in as well

He could be a first team regualr playing wide on either wing.

Bobb, Doku and Savio give us more of a traditional width style player which we need

Development isn't linear:
Phil has been at City for 20 years, Oscar for five. Let's just be happy that we have an established academy player of genuine world-class, and an emerging prospect who could become that.
He can sure boil some piss with a zero (?) transfer fee. Ortega, Akanje, Doyle, McAtee, Julian, Bobb, Foden, all zero or cheap as chips will make the dippers and the rags pull their hair out.

I am really excited about what Bobb might do this coming season. I hope that he gets the minutes he needs as Pep has been guilty of favouring players that have been brought in for fees rather than youth team players in the past (this is about the only criticism I have of Pep's time at City and I cannot argue with his results). Pep looked genuinely excited and impressed by Bobb's play.

I think the right wing slot is up for grabs. Savinho will take time to adjust so if Bobb takes his form into the season he looks the best option.

To be fair he is 21. Foden at 17, especially for England was one of the top young talents in Europe.

Currently bobb has played a few matches here and there. He needs consistent game time and to perform at a high level regularly. Until he does that I don’t think you can fairly compare hm to foden
The goal Bobb scored at Newcastle last season to me was very special, it was the finish of a very special player and a finish very few players could produce.

Time will tell but for me we have a player like Foden who could become a great and from what I hear and see, again like Foden , has the mentality to do just that.

not quite sure where he can get serious game time against Bernardo, Grealish, Doku, Savinho on wide areas.

Bobb's total minutes were last season:
PL: 300 (only two apps with more than 45 minutes played, rest was all as sub coming on)
CL: 200 (vs Red Star and Copenhagen mostly)
Carabao: 90
FA: 180

since then we added Savinho, and assuming no big name leaves like Alvarez, KDB then I struggle to see how Bobb will double/triple his 700 minutes even tho he looks ready for a breakout season and when if not now he just turned 21. he doesnt need to wait til 23/24 age really...

imo a loan can still be on the cards for him.
Would have to be mental to loan him. Only really 2 other right sided players assuming Foden plays centrally. One of them is probably going to need time to settle and Bernado should spend plenty of time in the middle this season. It’s already clear to see he offers more of an attacking threat down the right than Bernie. His work rate is shit hot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.