6% increase

Interstate 5 said:
We've had it good for a long time. At the moment, especially kids, £95 to sit anywhere from the shittiest seat to the best is amazing. Our ticket prices are low too.

This might, though, put an end to talk of 80,000 seats. The naive idea of 80,000 people paying a tenner to watch us win the Prem, compared to 40,000 paying £20.

I wonder how much damage that recent survey did?

Fortunately for me I can afford to keep our seats in E1 on the halfway line, but I'd hate it to become a happy clappy megastore bag wielding soulless aisle full of tourists.... but who pays out the most extra pennies every game? The plastic who turns up twice a year and photographs the warm up, or the bloke from the local housing estate who walks in 10 mins before kick off?

It's a question of balance, and only time will tell if they've got it right.

North and South Should be the Same prive for kids though. If you have 4 adults and 2 kids in the South you would have to split up.

Ric said:
simonr555 said:
I'm in West level 2, what's the craic with this bit if you don't mind Ric?

The plans are to make the better seats in both East and West Level 2 (presumably those nearer the half way line) into a sort of watered down corporate section, with better facilities/catering etc than the rest of the ground but prices will increase significantly to reflect that.

Details were fairly vague, but this won't be coming into force until 2011/12 season. Again though, if you don't wish to pay the extra you will have to relocate.

Ric,just to confirm what you`re stating.ST prices will go up by 6% for next season 2010/2011 ???
The movement of families etc into the North Stand will NOT become effective until season 2011/2012 ??
Can you confirm that please or have I read it incorrectly ??

Corky said:
Prophet of Doom said:
Some people need to wise up here.

We are the cheapest ground in the in the Premier League - even with the 6% increase. As for kids tickets - if they go up to £195 that will still make them cheaper than some 3rd division teams.

As for people having to move, I do have sympathy. Was told last week that people that sit in Colin Bell level 1 behind the dugouts would be shifted for a new corporate suite. It is a shame for those forced to move, but this was always gonna happen.

Blackburns are about £209 for adults, and there are others cheaper than ours such as Wigan, Bolton etc, all places not as deprived as Manchester.
Are you on crack, parts of these areas you quote are as deprived as parts of Manchester. And they certainly don't have the wealth.

Ric said:
The club argued that our season tickets are still amongst the most competitively priced in the league, and pointed to the introduction of the £250 tickets and keeping the £95 kid's season tickets (albeit only in the North Stand from now on). They said that they can't give tickets away for next to nothing as that's not hwo business works, and UEFA's revenue/turnover plans will come into effect before long, but then strangely insisted that this wasn't a factor in the increase.

There was a cross section of fans there tonight, representing the OSC, CSA, various websites/blogs, and the disabled supporters, and the consensus was that the cons far outweigh the pros in this new structuring.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the 6% increase. It's the forcing people out of stands and making them pay over £100 minimum more to sit elsewhere in the ground.

I also don't like how i will have to pay £100 more for my cousin to sit next to me next season, a £100 price hike in one go is too much.

Just got back from the meeting. Will post some bullet points in a bit. (making a brew first)

Whilst I understand you can't keep everyone happy, this seems like a major error of judgement by the club. Given that we are not at the point of locking people out yet and haven't actually won anything, this could backfire. It may also create unecessary tension during the the last two 'key' home games.

Not happy about being put in a position where I have to make a call on paying a couple of hundred extra or move stands. 35th year of season ticket and still go with my own dad. Started taking my own kids a couple of years ago, but a 6% increase on mine + 100% on kids might just be too much!

I'll wait till final details, but looks like their taking the piss a bit!

Immaculate Pasta said:
Anyone tell me what an adult season ticket cost in the north stand and one int he east stand?

£469 for east stand if i remember correctly. I'm in block 110 two seats from the end of the aisle where block 111 starts and prices in block 111 are £100 cheaper than the seat i'm in

oakiecokie said:
Ric said:
The plans are to make the better seats in both East and West Level 2 (presumably those nearer the half way line) into a sort of watered down corporate section, with better facilities/catering etc than the rest of the ground but prices will increase significantly to reflect that.

Details were fairly vague, but this won't be coming into force until 2011/12 season. Again though, if you don't wish to pay the extra you will have to relocate.

Ric,just to confirm what you`re stating.ST prices will go up by 6% for next season 2010/2011 ???
The movement of families etc into the North Stand will NOT become effective until season 2011/2012 ??
Can you confirm that please or have I read it incorrectly ??

Tickets on average will go up by 6% for next season, but vary for different ages/sections of the ground. The movement of families into the North Stand is also to happen next season (2010/11, not 2011/12).

This is a cock up of monumental proportions. Say the £95 tickets for kids are only available in the North. Obviously that means a limited number of kids are going to get them, which is completely unfair. The £95 offer has attracted a lot of kids into the ground over the past few years, and obviously not all have tickets in the North Stand. What happens to the ones who have season tickets in other areas of the ground already and are faced with a doubling on the price? They brought them in, now they're driving them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.