6% increase

Whichever shit kicker came up with this structure obviously had a brain fart at it's conception.

Halfpenny said:
Interstate 5 said:

It's a question of balance, and only time will tell if they've got it right.

But you'll agree that a blanket 100% increase in prices everywhere in the stadium bar one area is not on, yes?

Yes, but it's not a "blanket" 100% increase. It's one increase, being used to exert pressure on one concessionary group to move. Can we declare discrimination against a chronoligically disadvantaged minority and take the club to a tribunal?

Breadsnapper said:
Corky said:
Blackburns are about £209 for adults, and there are others cheaper than ours such as Wigan, Bolton etc, all places not as deprived as Manchester.
Are you on crack, parts of these areas you quote are as deprived as parts of Manchester. And they certainly don't have the wealth.

Only Liverpool in the North West is more deprived than Manchester and London boroughs.

Eveywhere else, including Salford, Burnley, Middlesboro, Hull etc is less deprived.

Ric said:
The club argued that our season tickets are still amongst the most competitively priced in the league, and pointed to the introduction of the £250 tickets and keeping the £95 kid's season tickets (albeit only in the North Stand from now on). They said that they can't give tickets away for next to nothing as that's not hwo business works, and UEFA's revenue/turnover plans will come into effect before long, but then strangely insisted that this wasn't a factor in the increase.

There was a cross section of fans there tonight, representing the OSC, CSA, various websites/blogs, and the disabled supporters, and the consensus was that the cons far outweigh the pros in this new structuring.
too right the cons outweigh the pro's, I sit in a row of five, 3 mates, me then my dad, have done since MR. How the f*ck are they going to relocate 10000 people from the North Stand without causing chaos. Its shite, relocated to the Colin Bell + £100 extra and sat apart no doubt.

Ric said:
Tickets on average will go up by 6% for next season, but vary for different ages/sections of the ground. The movement of families into the North Stand is also to happen next season (2010/11, not 2011/12).

As all South, East and West Stand kids will be paying over 100% more (if we renew) then presumably that must mean everyone else gets a price reduction of around 25%???

Corky said:
Breadsnapper said:
Are you on crack, parts of these areas you quote are as deprived as parts of Manchester. And they certainly don't have the wealth.

Only Liverpool in the North West is more deprived than Manchester and London boroughs.

Eveywhere else, including Salford, Burnley, Middlesboro, Hull etc is less deprived.

Lets not turn this into a "We're poorer than you!" argument, eh ladies? It's not just about prices. It's about being forced to move.

The Fixer said:
Halfpenny said:
Christ almighty, that's ridiculous. A 100% rise in ticket price? Doesn't look like a renewal for me and my sister next year sadly.

Fcuking bollox mate init, we could sign messi, rooney, xavi, iniesta and at them prices ppl wouldn't renew. We are working class fans not london coporate suits wiv thousands in the bank.

This doesnt apply to me but im with you two on that. Sort it out city, what the fuck is going on.

Ric said:
The club argued that our season tickets are still amongst the most competitively priced in the league, and pointed to the introduction of the £250 tickets and keeping the £95 kid's season tickets (albeit only in the North Stand from now on). They said that they can't give tickets away for next to nothing as that's not hwo business works, and UEFA's revenue/turnover plans will come into effect before long, but then strangely insisted that this wasn't a factor in the increase.

There was a cross section of fans there tonight, representing the OSC, CSA, various websites/blogs, and the disabled supporters, and the consensus was that the cons far outweigh the pros in this new structuring.

Where abouts are the £250 tickets and when can i get three?

Corky said:
Prophet of Doom said:
Some people need to wise up here.

We are the cheapest ground in the in the Premier League - even with the 6% increase. As for kids tickets - if they go up to £195 that will still make them cheaper than some 3rd division teams.

As for people having to move, I do have sympathy. Was told last week that people that sit in Colin Bell level 1 behind the dugouts would be shifted for a new corporate suite. It is a shame for those forced to move, but this was always gonna happen.

Blackburns are about £209 for adults, and there are others cheaper than ours such as Wigan, Bolton etc, all places not as deprived as Manchester.

I'd like to visit the areas of those towns you have if you believe Manchester is more deprived!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.