#6 | Nathan Aké - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he makes a great first rotation CBf but he struggles as a left-back against fast wingers and who doesn't really.
We can hardly have 4 world-class CB's with 2 happy to sit on the bench rotating away, so with Dias, Stones and Laporte all close to world-class, I am happy for Ake to be the 4th CB for now, hopefully, in time we will bring through some of our youth into this role.

I might even be tempted to sell Laporte, make Ake 3rd CB and give THB or Callum Doyle the chance to be 4th and 5th rotation and league cup games.

He's ideal for the more physical opponents such as Brentford where I thought he was second only to Foden as MOTM. He found Saka a bit more difficult yesterday - as most defenders will - but coped reasonably well and the clearance was superb. I don't get why some moan about his height as a CB, he's actually very good in the air.

Top class again from Ake and his distribution and forward play is improoving with every game , peased he is getting a few games , injuries blighted his first few months , but showing his worth now.
We now have four centre backs we can rely on , which is four more than the Rags :)

Reactions: JDV
Ake has impressed in the last couple of games, good reserve cb player. Not sure he is happy to be a back up player, but he always get plenty of game time at City with the rotation policy used by Pep.

Doing well and we need him at the moment given how long Stones has been unavailable for.

The one thing you notice about him though is how one-footed he is. Not a criticism, just an observation.

When I think about Ake I always think that while he is a decent player, he is very much a squad player for us and not likely to ever be 1st choice.
However, he is regarded my most Bournemouth fans as their best ever player. It's mad that there will be little kids in Bournemouth called Nathan named after him and they could end up having a Nathan Ake stand.

Did better against Saka than Andy Best Left Back In World Robertson managed last night. He had him in toast every time and that was mainly when Arse were down to ten men.
Ake is a great squad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.