6 | Nathan Ake - 2024/25

I hope Nathan is smart enough to take consequences.
He knows his body. If he plays his matches in defence without sprinting like a young God his hammies are fine and he's one of the best 1vs1 defenders in world football.

He has to control his game and avoid long sprints by top positioning, like he did last season for us for a long period without any problem. I couldn't really believe it was possible!

Last Tuesday was concerning to see him reacting so emotionally but I also thought it wasn't the physical pain alone but the disappointment about himself to make such a stupid sprint duel vs Musiala - not in defence but going on a counter - and ending up in a little misstep and hamstring injury.

I guess we won't see such an action by Nathan again as I feel he is smart and able to learn. Hopefully.

I'm taking that as a big win. If a player is stretchered off with a muscular injury, it's often a sign of the very worst, I was anticipating months upon months, if he's back by the next internationals we've got a reasonably lucky escape. Something needs to be looked at with the sheer number of injuries picked up in international duty though, im talking football as a whole not specifically us. it's far more than any normal week with their clubs.

Something needs to be looked at with the sheer number of injuries picked up in international duty though, im talking football as a whole not specifically us. it's far more than any normal week with their clubs.
This totally seems like an article The Athletic would write. Send a message to our friend Sam Lee.

I did find this: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/unpa...h-fact-fiction-techeeta-midec?trk=public_post

Obviously no idea about reliability but this seems to indicate there is also a risk in the immediate aftermath of the break (this seems like something the clubs could mitigate).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.