7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our LB options now are Ake, Gomez and Laporte at a stretch. And our RB options are a soon to be 33 year old Kyle Walker, and 18 year old Rico Lewis.

Who wants to win trophies, when you can win the "doing things the right way" or "net spend" trophy?

Looked unhappy to me all season. Can remember him scoring a decent goal against Southampton and him angrily putting his finger to his ear whilst looking at the crowd. Some said at the time it was because he didn't have his own chant! Never believed that for one second and it's quite pathetic if that was the case.

Struggling to think of a player whose form has fallen off a cliff so much in such a short space of time. I think he signed a new contract last year and I would have argued he was one of the best full backs in the world.

Can't see Bayern taking up the option to buy him. 61.5 million is a substantial amount of money for German teams that operate their finances far more sensibly.

If he has been stinking the place out sulking it's good that he's gone and may explain some of the indifferent performances from the team throughout the season. Hopefully an example to others that they will be shown the door if they don't toe the line.

Our LB options now are Ake, Gomez and Laporte at a stretch. And our RB options are a soon to be 33 year old Kyle Walker, and 18 year old Rico Lewis.

Who wants to win trophies when you can win the "doing things the right way" or "net spend" trophy?
Add John Boy and Akanji to the RB list

Why can't we do the same as Bayern. Get a left back in on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season?

I mean its not like he played a important role this season. He was wank and he was dropped for a reason...I am not bothered about this in the slightest. The players now know who is the boss in the dressing room..It sets a precedent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.