7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, City tried to manage the situation, but a huge kickoff on Friday after being dropped for the Arsenal match was the final straw.

Apparently he had talks with Guardiola where Cancelo said he wanted to leave & Pep agreed that it was probably for the best.

Contact was made with Bayern over the weekend, & a deal struck. He's now a Bayern player on loan & if it works out Bayern are happy to make the deal permanent, BUT at a lower price than the option quoted.
I'm sure Cancelo has a point to prove to us & will play like a man possessed now, especially as he'll be playing in his favourite position.
So if it does work out for him and BM, i can see him being worth about £50-60m.
I'll be delighted if we can get that for him.

So your saying the club is giving up the title, champs league and FA cup because of rift between two players ? I get the feeling Caicedo was a moody son of gun and was a bad influence. No way Pep gets rid of a player unless its for the good of the team. Decent player, has an occasional worldy pass in him. Below average at defending.

Nope - I definitely didn’t say a single word of that!

I assume you mean Cancelo not Caicedo, in which case what I said was I completely agreed with and supported the Club in getting rid of him if the rumours are even half true.

What I also said was it seems the Club aren’t prioritising what was already a clear hole in the squad for this season - which has just got worse with one of our very few options leaving - and have decided to punt dealing with it to the summer.

Prioritising it for next season, rather than addressing the need now.

Which is disappointing for us as fans to hear.

Maybe not a linchpin but whichever way you look at it, he was a vital member of the squad in August when we chose not to pursue another full back after Cucurella.

Aside to that, only him and Kev ever looked capable of putting the ball into Haaland from a cross. Now we have just Kev to do that
That was the reality. But another reality has intervened and frankly from what can be gathered from the bits and pieces floating around there was no other option but to cut him loose. The current situation, assuming a top class replacement does not materialise over the next few hours, is far from ideal. But sometimes events dictate certain things need to happen this appears to be one such case. We must move on.

The BBC decided to select this....

Cancelo joins Bayern - your reaction​

Tweet #bbcfootball, text 81111 (UK only - standard rates apply) or WhatsApp 03301231826

a4a64660-a85c-452d-b93d-1d5a5701eb94.png

Mike: Some players simply want to be at the big global clubs with history. Man City is an attractive club for wages and silverware, but is still nowhere near the clubs of Bayern Munich's stature. Completely understand Cancelo wanting out.

I'm sure Cancelo has a point to prove to us & will play like a man possessed now, especially as he'll be playing in his favourite position.
So if it does work out for him and BM, i can see him being worth about £50-60m.
I'll be delighted if we can get that for him.
Hopefully he'll play out of his skin & we get the sale. I think the best we'll get it £40m plus £5m in add-ons. He's worth more, but I'd swallow that figure for the peace it will bring to our dressing room.

The best hope City have is Cancelo has an absolute stormer at Bayern & other clubs enter the transfer fray in the summer & we can force an auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.