7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't do anything terrible, but didn't handle it well. Pep chose to make an example of him to kick-start the season and make it obvious he's not so loyal to let people question his authority. Hasn't said anything incendiary today.

All a bit of a shame but a bit less dramatic than many seem to be taking it.

Can still be remembered well for what he contributed as long as he doesn't come out and slag off the club.

Positionally he was the outside left man in a front 5 when in possession, now that'll be Grealish and Ake will move centrally seeing as Rodri doesn't drop into the 3 any more. Was only ever really a left back in the 4-4-2 defensive press, which wasn't really his main job anyway.

Doesn't mean when listed as a left back nominally he wasn't the best in the world on his day.

Good luck Cancelo, maybe get Leroy going too.

The BBC decided to select this....

Cancelo joins Bayern - your reaction​

Tweet #bbcfootball, text 81111 (UK only - standard rates apply) or WhatsApp 03301231826

a4a64660-a85c-452d-b93d-1d5a5701eb94.png

Mike: Some players simply want to be at the big global clubs with history. Man City is an attractive club for wages and silverware, but is still nowhere near the clubs of Bayern Munich's stature. Completely understand Cancelo wanting out.
I wonder why…

We haven’t even signed him and he’s already causing problems!
The bottom line is Pep's f ck him off for one reason he's been a bad presence round the group since he's not been playing ! For me was a liability of a defender but good going forward ! I'm old school if your a defender you defend first and the rest is a bonus ! Ake all day long for me do you think Cancello would have had Saka in his pocket last Friday ?

Dislike him but abuse is out of order
Could say the same on his behalf, he could dislike the situation he’s in but causing an altercation is out of order. He’s a paid professional at the end of the day, like it or love it, he’s paid very well to act correctly and do his job when called upon.

By all accounts cancelo was a moody selfish fucker. He didnt like being taken off or an unused sub.
Considering the premier league only resumed 6 weeks ago he didnt seem prepared to knuckle down ,fight for his place and be ready when the chance came.
Obviously his self entitled attitude has created a bad atmosphere overall. Thats why I'm more than delighted that he's gone. We've lost him in january, imagine if he lost his place coming up to the last 4 or 5 games of the season with the CL and PL up for grabs.
He would create such a toxic atmosphere around the place it would be Wigan 2013 all over again

Didn't do anything terrible, but didn't handle it well. Pep chose to make an example of him to kick-start the season and make it obvious he's not so loyal to let people question his authority. Hasn't said anything incendiary today.

All a bit of a shame but a bit less dramatic than many seem to be taking it.

Can still be remembered well for what he contributed as long as he doesn't come out and slag off the club.

Positionally he was the outside left man in a front 5 when in possession, now that'll be Grealish and Ake will move centrally seeing as Rodri doesn't drop into the 3 any more. Was only ever really a left back in the 4-4-2 defensive press, which wasn't really his main job anyway.

Doesn't mean when listed as a left back nominally he wasn't the best in the world on his day.

Good luck Cancelo, maybe get Leroy going too.
We’ll see what comes out in the next few months.

I could be proven wrong but my gut feeling is that his (and his wife’s) personality will come through and cause quite a bit of consternation amongst City supporters (to the delight of football media everywhere, especially the Bayern-captured variety).

I understand all the arguments, but does anyone know how much City gain financially from this loan move?

Is there a loan fee or are we simply saving on his wages?

The BBC decided to select this....

Cancelo joins Bayern - your reaction​

Tweet #bbcfootball, text 81111 (UK only - standard rates apply) or WhatsApp 03301231826

a4a64660-a85c-452d-b93d-1d5a5701eb94.png

Mike: Some players simply want to be at the big global clubs with history. Man City is an attractive club for wages and silverware, but is still nowhere near the clubs of Bayern Munich's stature. Completely understand Cancelo wanting out.
No agenda there then!

The bottom line is Pep's f ck him off for one reason he's been a bad presence round the group since he's not been playing ! For me was a liability of a defender but good going forward ! I'm old school if your a defender you defend first and the rest is a bonus ! Ake all day long for me do you think Cancello would have had Saka in his pocket last Friday ?
You’ve completely missed the joke, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.