7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not a linchpin but whichever way you look at it, he was a vital member of the squad in August when we chose not to pursue another full back after Cucurella.

Aside to that, only him and Kev ever looked capable of putting the ball into Haaland from a cross. Now we have just Kev to do that
Fair enough, valid points particularly with the crosses for Haaland. I'll keep banging on but it feels like a mindset or tactical instruction to not play through balls, crosses etc at the earliest opportunity rather than a capability one - but either way its resulted in the stagnant attacking football we've experienced many times this season (i know, we still score lots of goals...but everyone knows what I mean).

I understand all the arguments, but does anyone know how much City gain financially from this loan move?

Is there a loan fee or are we simply saving on his wages?
I think, at this point, he has become such a negative influence on the team, that we’re probably willing to cover most of his wages just to get him away.

Leaves us short in a critical area. Is having a player with fire in his belly and a point to prove a bad thing? Probably needs punishment - but there are other ways.
A couple of weeks ago we were complaining about a team of yes men.

Throwing a tantrum every time you don’t get picked and not celebrating teammates doing well isnt fire in the belly, it’s just being a ****.

The BBC decided to select this....

Cancelo joins Bayern - your reaction​

Tweet #bbcfootball, text 81111 (UK only - standard rates apply) or WhatsApp 03301231826

a4a64660-a85c-452d-b93d-1d5a5701eb94.png

Mike: Some players simply want to be at the big global clubs with history. Man City is an attractive club for wages and silverware, but is still nowhere near the clubs of Bayern Munich's stature. Completely understand Cancelo wanting out.

Said a completely impartial and objective Manchester United/Liverpool fan.

Why anyone even bothers looking at BBC Sport these days is way beyond me. It’s nothing more than a publicly funded trolling service, and subsidised PR for the Rags.

It’s genuinely a shame the depths of craven, obsequious, emotionally needy cheerleading they’ve descended to on there.

Their football coverage is characterised by a complete absence of talent and insight, and is lacking in even basic credibility.

Clickbait at its worst!

The BBC decided to select this....

Cancelo joins Bayern - your reaction​

Tweet #bbcfootball, text 81111 (UK only - standard rates apply) or WhatsApp 03301231826

a4a64660-a85c-452d-b93d-1d5a5701eb94.png

Mike: Some players simply want to be at the big global clubs with history. Man City is an attractive club for wages and silverware, but is still nowhere near the clubs of Bayern Munich's stature. Completely understand Cancelo wanting out.
Glad I read back a bit as was going to post the exact same.
What cnuts BBC for posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.