7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelo's just said his move was down to a lack of minutes over the last 3 weeks & he doesn't have a problem with Guardiola????

Not being picked for 3 weeks leads to a transfer request? Bollocks! View attachment 67637
More and more evidence that he has a fragile mentality and that this was always likely to happen in a Pep-managed side.

More and more evidence that he has a fragile mentality (hinted at by his time at Real Madrid) and that this was always likely to happen in a Pep-managed side.
He was at Valencia in Spain wasn't he?

To be honest, something was brewing last season with Sterling, Jesus & Zinchenko. Once players start moaning about playing time, it makes others focus on their minutes too.

If a player believes their personal playing time is more important than the squad performing at their optimal level, it's time to get rid... Unless we want to turn into a club where those who bellyache the loudest, get picked to start... )(

Cancelo's just said his move was down to a lack of minutes over the last 3 weeks & he doesn't have a problem with Guardiola????

Not being picked for 3 weeks leads to a transfer request? Bollocks! View attachment 67637
More minutes for City than any other defender so far this season too. Sounds like he's trying to justify the move to himself because the stats don't add up.

He was at Valencia in Spain wasn't he?

To be honest, something was brewing last season with Sterling, Jesus & Zinchenko. Once players start moaning about playing time, it makes others focus on their minutes too.

If a player believes their personal playing time is more important than the squad performing at their optimal level, it's time to get rid... Unless we want to turn into a club where those who bellyache the loudest, get picked to start... )(
Yeah, I immediately edited my post when I remembered he was at Valencia not Real Madrid but you archived the original. ;-)

I think Pep's call to arms after the Spurs match was his last stand against the spreading individualistic mindset in the squad.

Let's hope it and Cancelo's exit is effective in squashing it.

Yeah, I immediately edited my post when I remembered he was at Valencia not Real Madrid but you archived the original. ;-)

I think Pep's call to arms after the Spurs match was his last stand against the spreading individualistic mindset in the squad.

Let's hope it and Cancelo's exit is effective in squashing it.
This 100%! I think the booing, Cancelo bust up & the subsequent words from Guardiola regarding the squad & the crowd, & now Cancelo leaving will have a massive affect on our season on & off the pitch.

We're a team in transition anyway, but I believe the three who left in summer, plus Cancelo will lead to City clearing out any other players who're moaning about their lack of minutes, instead of trying to force Guardiola's hand by actually performing when called upon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.