7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints I think. Was pretty obvious something was going on.
It was obvious in that game that something was seriously wrong with Cancelo. No professional should have been as bad as he was. The guy just wasn't arsed. Its not like he hasn't got a track record of this behaviour. Needs to play and will behave badly when he doesn't.

Loving the over the top aggression. Good job we're all angelic in our work and recreational lives.
Player down in a critical and already suspect position but our psychoanalysists know he's the enemy within.
Probably is a problematic employee and awkward, but you either -
1 punish him.
2 Replace him
3 Work with him.

Done none.

I'm going to go against the grain and say that he was a very good player who likely genuinely enjoyed most of his time here. On the flip side, he clearly couldn't handle being out of the team for a brief period, and it's for the best that he leaves.

Thanks and good luck. Time for us to move on.
Agreed. I really think he was happy at the club overall but his character got in the way when it came to fighting for a place. Pep singled out Ake for his attitude. Well done Nathan.

He's gone, confirmed
He's made his welcome vid
He has posted a goodbye message
He hopefully won't be back.

nowt else really to debate here

any replacement talk is for the transfer forum tbf.

Mods close this crazy thread ;-)

He never was the best full back at City, let alone in the world, as some are claiming. He was very effective breaking through into midfield when it worked, but IMHO a full back should firstly and foremostly be able to defend. From day one he was never able to do that and there have been many times we've been left exposed because of it.
A good player, of that there is no doubt, but not that good that we can't move on without him. Particularly so if the stories about his bad attitude are true. Onwards and upwards Blues.

Yep - ‘I’ve always said players who don’t want to be here can leave’

‘If their agent comes to the Club with an acceptable deal, they’re free to go’

‘Life is too short to be somewhere you’re not happy’

All the usual lines he uses when the media are desperate for him to say something controversial about a player who’s left the Club.
We should do a bluemoon forum bingo card!

If it does it proves he has no balls for the fight ahead. So either way good riddance

Cancelo statement is full of holes ? did not fall out with pep ? not happy sat on the bench for 3 games, still feels he's got a part to play at city when he returns,

was that 3rd statement a clue to pep maybe leaving in the summer ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.