7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they wrong?
Yes. He's not exactly been tearing up trees this season and he was causing problems with other players. Now he's gone they can hopefully get back together as a team and concentrate on hunting down Arsenal. It may generate that siege mentality where we just grind out win after win and put pressure on them.

Interesting announcements of the loan moves of Cancelo and Mbette on the clubs website.

One was 2 sentences, the other was 8 paragraphs ending in “City wishes him luck for the rest of the season”

One message was a go away and do well and we’ll see you back here next season. The other was a fuck off and never darken our door again.

Every single player City go for are analyzed in regards mentality & personality. Fail to make the grade on either of those, and we don’t bid. No matter how good the player is.

Now, once in a while, a player gets bought that ‘changes’ in regard personality and/or mentality, for some reason. Which could be City related or due to personal circumstances.

If this means they no longer meet the clubs requirement, then the management will make it very clear they need to look for another club.

Fortunately this type of situation doesn’t happen often, but clearly it has with Cancelo and the outcome is always the same ….. SEE YA, THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.
Memories? He'll quickly be forgotten.

I think Ake's form at left back & the fact Akanji came in as cover for the centre half's meant we could let Cancelo leave. I don't agree we are weaker as we would normally have 4 centre halfs but now have 5 with one of them a more than capable left back. Gomez will have to improve and may get more of an opportunity now especially if there are injuries or suspensions. Rico Lewis may have been tried at left back in training & taken to it like a duck to water. We'll have to wait and see on that one. Anyway we have Walker, Lewis, Dias, Stones, Laporte, Akanji, Ake, Gomez as defenders and Rodri played defense at the world cup. I'd prefer City to sign Gvardiol before 11pm but that might not happen so c'est la vie. I'm a bit disappointed Cancelo chose to leave rather than fight for a place and prove to himself that he is one of our best defenders but it feels like he took an easier way out so in my opinion he doesn't want it enough. City invested £60 million in him and he now talks about coming back in 5 months. Does he think he can just take a break somewhere else because of a bit of competition? City gave him a new 5 year deal when he got beaten up so he got showed the love but he doesn't want to show it back. I don't think he is good enough for City if he only turns on the style once every so often and then makes a break for it when things get tough. I'd rather we give youngsters a go who are hungry & paid much less and then reward them with a new improved deal when they earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.