7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memories? He'll quickly be forgotten.
Thoughts turn to Bernie now. He is Cancelo's mate, also unhappy, also great last season and patchy this season, but will be much harder to replace.

Cancelo is certainly a talented player, but I can well imagine him being remembered here for getting sent off at Fulham before we came back with ten men.

Take the blinkers off, he's playing better, and most likely (we don't see that) training better than Jao is. If there's been trouble from him, then it's best he goes, his contribution this season has largely been zero.
I think you may have wrong there @cleavers. You don’t think it is possible that everything you said and I said can all be true? Cancelo has smelled the place out with both his performances and what we are hearing in training and I admire that Pep had the strength of character to get rid. Dropping him for a kid (the different positions are irrelevant) both improved us as a team and punished Cancelo, win-win as far as I can see.

You need to stop thinking
Pep doesn’t pick a player to punish another he deals with them as he sees fit Cancelo has been disruptive and was told to find an out his agent sorted it for him
It looks like he picked him for both reasons. Rico has done well.

Will be interesting to hear how Pep publicly handles the entire affair as you know it will unfortunately be the main topic of the Spurs pre-match presser.
Press: "Pep, what are your thoughts on Cancelo leaving?"
Pep: "Who?"

pep-guardiola-wink.gif

Yes. He's not exactly been tearing up trees this season and he was causing problems with other players. Now he's gone they can hopefully get back together as a team and concentrate on hunting down Arsenal. It may generate that siege mentality where we just grind out win after win and put pressure on them.

I don't think they are wrong as such. And that is a dig at arsenal as much as it is at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.