7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to leak such information, it's obvious that virtually any squad player is available for the right price. Even Bernardo is available for the right price, and he's central to our midfield. If Cancelo is no more than a squad player, interested clubs may get him relatively on the cheap.

I wonder about those City fans who don't rate Cancelo: would you sell him to United or Arsenal? He won't make them better, right? Say, 35m and he's theirs?
I’ll swap him for Tierney right now.

the current version of Cancelo looks like a pub player.

Agree, but given the WC, this version is less than 2 months old. He was MOTM in mid October. Look at the posts in this thread after his performances in September and early October. People were saying he was world-class.

It's a problem for Pep how to help him regain form. He should help him, for we are likely to need him.

Ake has done well for us but LB, but no, no, no, as Amy sang. He can flap a bit in that position and give’s the ball away. Not sure who I’d like to play there tomorrow but you’re probably right with Ake.
Not ideal I know mate, but I can't see a better option.

Ake has done well for us but LB, but no, no, no, as Amy sang. He can flap a bit in that position and give’s the ball away. Not sure who I’d like to play there tomorrow but you’re probably right with Ake.
Ake has been our most solid defender this season only marginaly ahead of stones and has never let us down at left back left cb or left of a back 3.

He would be my first choice left back until we sign one or get gomez and wilson-esbrand up to speed

Errors leading to GA.

If you think that Walker or Stones or Zinchenko haven't made bad mistakes in important games, you are deluded. Bad mistakes and poor injury records are tolerated with regard to some players, though.

We wouldn't want another FB who could make the PFA team of the year in back to back seasons. Have you thought that through?
Laporte has made more than anyone. He’s still a crack in player.

Why? Tierney is constantly injured, played 90 min twice all season and now isn’t even a guaranteed starter when fit.

Because some fans genuinely believe that Cancelo is a poor/average FB and even 2nd choice FBs at other clubs are better than him. Crazy, stupid, clueless: call it how you prefer.

Happy you have nothing to do with our transfers.
Explain why you would have a sadly regressing Cancelo over a quality, naturally left sided player like Tierney who has been injured but now getting back to his previous level?

Agree, but given the WC, this version is less than 2 months old. He was MOTM in mid October. Look at the posts in this thread after his performances in September and early October. People were saying he was world-class.

It's a problem for Pep how to help him regain form. He should help him, for we are likely to need him.
Hopefully he times his run of form to coincide with the champs league this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.