#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest, people don't hate him for his socioeconomic views...

Call a spade a spade. When you see someone who hates Sterling for no reason (we've all sat behind one at the Etihad at some point), chances are it's racially fuelled.

There's a reason Dele Alli doesn't get abused in the media constantly but Sterling does and it's nothing to do with their footballing ability.

A lot of them don't even realise it, they just hate him because everyone else does.
I’ve never come across a City fan who hates Sterling... nor Mahrez, Gundogan, Stones, Sibierski, Edgehill or anyone else who’s been criticised a lot. They simply got criticised a lot.

Sterling gets less criticism than the other three who still play for us did when they were deemed to be not playing well by our fans, but our fans seem very sensitive to Sterling’s criticism but some of the stuff posted or said about the other three has been far worse.

None of it is to do with the race of any of them. Mahrez didn’t get criticism because he’s from North Africa, Gundogan didn’t get criticism because he’s a Turkish-German, Stones didn’t get criticism because he’s a white Yorkshireman, they all got it because according to fans’ correct or incorrect opinions, they weren’t playing well enough.

The reason Sterling got ridiculed in the media was because he left Liverpool and came to City. Never let the media off with their anti-City/pro-Liverpool agenda over that.

I’ve never come across a City fan who hates Sterling... nor Mahrez, Gundogan, Stones, Sibierski, Edgehill or anyone else who’s been criticised a lot. They simply got criticised a lot.

That sounds like a blissful existence. I've come across a couple of City fans who can't stand Aguero, one of which was insistent that he's "just a fat goal poacher". I've heard both Riyad and Sterling being racially abused by our home supporters. This is only within the last few years, too.

Even if it was a possibility,i honestly cant see how we could sell him as the buyer/suitor just doesn't exist.

We would want a large fee and his wages are prohibitive,no club,especially in this current climate,are going to take on the financial burden of a player who is struggling to justify both.

If he was considered sacrificial we would have to take a hit in some manner.

True , would rather see him get back to his best and justify any contract offered , over the next couple seasons i think we will find transfer fees and wages are going to become more reasonable , if there is such a thing in the modern game.

He's played a lot of football and been kicked a lot. Sometimes the player is the last person to realise they a rest.

You’ve obviously not met the pair of yonners who sit behind me at the Etihad.

That's probably the most worrying thing about Sterling's treatment by some supporters. It isn't just restricted to gobshites making noise on a forum. They go to the Etihad and make the same noise.

I keep reading people saying that Sterling is treated differently to others in the squad when it comes to criticism. That may well be true, but what those people don't seem to realise is that this is actually a City forum for City supporters. (The clue is in the header, Bluemoon).

For a lot of us Blues we know that Raz was hounded and victimised by the media because of his race. We know that he has taken pelters from the Scouse mafia. We know that he was booed at every PL ground after his City move. We know that opposition supporters have openly racially abused him during games. We know that he was attacked arriving at CIty's own training ground.

But we also know that even having suffered all that he has delivered time after time after time and is objectively one of City's greatest EVER players. So yes he's treated differently - but if you don't like it you can go fuck yourself with a cactus plant for all I care. This is a forum for City supporters. If you want chat like this is an Athletic or Daily Mirror editorial meeting, you'll get called out for it.

That's probably the most worrying thing about Sterling's treatment by some supporters. It isn't just restricted to gobshites making noise on a forum. They go to the Etihad and make the same noise.

I keep reading people saying that Sterling is treated differently to others in the squad when it comes to criticism. That may well be true, but what those people don't seem to realise is that this is actually a City forum for City supporters. (The clue is in the header, Bluemoon).

For a lot of us Blues we know that Raz was hounded and victimised by the media because of his race. We know that he has taken pelters from the Scouse mafia. We know that he was booed at every PL ground after his City move. We know that opposition supporters have openly racially abused him during games. We know that he was attacked arriving at CIty's own training ground.

But we also know that even having suffered all that he has delivered time after time after time and is objectively one of City's greatest EVER players. So yes he's treated differently - but if you don't like it you can go fuck yourself with a cactus plant for all I care. This is a forum for City supporters. If you want chat like this is an Athletic or Daily Mirror editorial meeting, you'll get called out for it.

He has been a great servant,but his performances have dropped hugely from the form of 18/19.Given this is a discussion forum,and the clue is in the title 'performance thread',it would be very odd if we all buried our head in the sand and pretended he was still tearing it up.
When he's good he gets praised,when he's bad he gets criticised - its not an unusual situation.

Quick question......For those that have witnessed racial abuse at the ground,what did you do about it?

That needs more than a like, well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.