#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling isnt on the same level as Grealish,it isnt even close,especially in a team that relies of technical ability and possession based football - they literally have nothing to do with each other.Foden and Grealish can and will play together,and it will be a thing of beauty for us and absolute fear for others.

Fuck what anyone else thinks of us,its nothing mare than jealously and you should laugh at the cunts and revel in such......you most definitely should not crumble at it.

Ha, i'm not crumbling at it. It's just relentless and boring as fuck. I agree on what you said re Sterling and Grealish btw, but Sterling isnt going anywhere and will be a bit poisonous to moral imo if he doesn;t get game time.

Who has said he didn't thrive in the Euro's?

As you know, i was questioning you on 2 points:

i)your inference Sterling was worried about playing with "technical" players

ii)his sober demeanor in the post match interview

As I said, his post-match interviews after the England games were dour and subdued and no different to post-Spurs. So, don't read anything into it eh?

Also, why should he be worried about playing with "technical" players when he saw off all England's finest doing what he does best which happens to include some highly technical things.

I dunno.

Seems like he’s lost his drive at City. 2017/18 he was class always pressing and making the right movements. Now.. he does the same thing every time on the ball:

- Cut inside and lose it
- Dribble to the end line and lose it

If we could sell him tomorrow for anything more than 80M I would. Especially with Grealish’s arrival, I just don’t really see how we can justify him getting any substantial time in the XI.

FFS...so we are now writing off 18/19, 19/20 and 20/21?
Haha.

As you know, i was questioning you on 2 points:

i)your inference Sterling was worried about playing with "technical" players

ii)his sober demeanor in the post match interview

As I said, his post-match interviews after the England games were dour and subdued and no different to post-Spurs. So, don't read anything into it eh?

Also, why should he be worried about playing with "technical" players when he saw off all England's finest doing what he does best which happens to include some highly technical things.
On the technical question - He has, on more than one occasion both last season and already this that playing for us the way pep is asking him has exposed a real weakness in his ball control, touch and decision making. As for playing for England, I have no argument as I dont watch them anymore. I suspect he is now worried, as once again as a new toy has arrived with more ability threatening his position

On the demeanor question - I suppose getting hooked may have had a significant influence.

Finally on playing better for England, do you not think that Southgate faces a different set up to what we face 95% of the season? If teams were to play us in the manner of wanting to play open football, Pep would maybe look to utilise Sterling differently and get a more productive version that than currently seen

Looked back to his old painfully wasteful and ineffective self on sunday. Awesome!
He'll continue to look like such just as long as we play the style of football we currently do.
If we were to suddenly adopt a more defensive set up,and play on the break (the tactic most of our opponents use and the one Southgate favours) then we would see a far more effective Sterling as he can utilise his speed,timing,and movement to wonderful effect.

It baffled me when people were claiming he was reborn after the Euro's and would return a new man,due to being amongst the tournaments best players,as we play a completely different type of football that doesn't lend itself to Sterling's strengths.

He deserves first team football and i no longer believe that will come easy to him here.

He'll continue to look like such just as long as we play the style of football we currently do.
If we were to suddenly adopt a more defensive set up,and play on the break (the tactic most of our opponents use and the one Southgate favours) then we would see a far more effective Sterling as he can utilise his speed,timing,and movement to wonderful effect.

It baffled me when people were claiming he was reborn after the Euro's and would return a new man,due to being amongst the tournaments best players,as we play a completely different type of football that doesn't lend itself to Sterling's strengths.

He deserves first team football and i no longer believe that will come easy to him here.
Yep. He could be great somewhere else playing a different style of football. Here? No chance. It’s just about curtains for him in Manchester.

Pre-Euros he was questioned from all quarters and proved everyone wrong. He was superb. The praise he received from the media here and internationally was fantastic and, if we'd won the penalty shoot-out, he would have won the player of the tournament. I know you didn't see it like that and in the POTT vote on here 111 posters went for Sterling and you were the solitary voter for Luke Shaw. LOL. Couldn't be seen voting for Sterling, eh?

So what is baffling about a large group of City fans claiming he was/is reborn? What we did see was a player at the top of his game in a major tournament who was fantastic and proving (yet again) he is a top, top player. And we would all love to see that top player performing to his best in a City shirt.

Yet on here he instantly written off after 70 minutes after no pre-season and in a game when just about everyone was shit. Just so knee-jerk imo.

But I do agree last seasons style of play doesn't suit Sterling's strengths. We saw mainly the slow-slow controlling dull possession and build up coupled with a big drop-off in pressing intensity. Perfect for the unique demands of last season but what are the chances of us playing like that this year?

IMO it will continue the same until we are at full match fitness but then morph into something different. Time will tell but I'd wager it will suit Sterling and particularly if we get Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.