#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Euros he was questioned from all quarters and proved everyone wrong. He was superb. The praise he received from the media here and internationally was fantastic and, if we'd won the penalty shoot-out, he would have won the player of the tournament. I know you didn't see it like that and in the POTT vote on here 111 posters went for Sterling and you were the solitary voter for Luke Shaw. LOL. Couldn't be seen voting for Sterling, eh?

So what is baffling about a large group of City fans claiming he was/is reborn? What we did see was a player at the top of his game in a major tournament who was fantastic and proving (yet again) he is a top, top player. And we would all love to see that top player performing to his best in a City shirt.

Yet on here he instantly written off after 70 minutes after no pre-season and in a game when just about everyone was shit. Just so knee-jerk imo.

But I do agree last seasons style of play doesn't suit Sterling's strengths. We saw mainly the slow-slow controlling dull possession and build up coupled with a big drop-off in pressing intensity. Perfect for the unique demands of last season but what are the chances of us playing like that this year?

IMO it will continue the same until we are at full match fitness but then morph into something different. Time will tell but I'd wager it will suit Sterling and particularly if we get Kane.
I didn't vote for Sterling because i thought Shaw was better,as did many others outside the blinkered walls of BM.Sterling,along with Stones,was not far behind in terms of the accolades.Its on you if you cant handle a difference of opinion.

There is nothing remotely kneejerk about the reaction to his play last week,as people are witnessing exactly the same Sterling in a City shirt (the important bit)

Hopefully the arrival of a striker does indeed alter Peps approach and that Sterling does flourish as a result.Contrary to what you think you know.....i want the lad to rediscover what he had a couple of seasons back,and i want him to catapult us to further glory.

Its just a huge shame he appears so limited in his style that the team has to adapt a style to suit rather than him being able to adjust accordingly.That issue is what causes the frustration and the criticism,and it prevents him from being classed as the superstar some pretend him to be.

Ha, i'm not crumbling at it. It's just relentless and boring as fuck. I agree on what you said re Sterling and Grealish btw, but Sterling isnt going anywhere and will be a bit poisonous to moral imo if he doesn;t get game time.
Nothing Sterling has ever said or done indicates that he will be in any way poisonous

I think the place for him in this side is up front, especially if we don’t sign Kane. For all his faults, he really does know how to get into that 6 yard box and get on the end of crosses, something that Torres failed to do a handful of times. With Grealish on one wing and Jesus playing like that on the other, Sterling would get 20+ goals this season from a combined distance of 100 yards.

I think the place for him in this side is up front, especially if we don’t sign Kane. For all his faults, he really does know how to get into that 6 yard box and get on the end of crosses, something that Torres failed to do a handful of times. With Grealish on one wing and Jesus playing like that on the other, Sterling would get 20+ goals this season from a combined distance of 100 yards.
I am happy with Sterling and Ferran as our striker options.

And Jack, Mahrez, Foden and Jesus as our winger options.

Especially if it means we can get Haaland instead of Kane.

I am happy with Sterling and Ferran as our striker options.

And Jack, Mahrez, Foden and Jesus as our winger options.

Especially if it means we can get Haaland instead of Kane.
For me Kane is still an absolute must. However, if we are as dynamic across the side as we were today, I think we can get away with Sterling up front especially when we throw Foden and KDB into the mix.

I don’t think Torres is anywhere the required level at the mo.

For me Kane is still an absolute must. However, if we are as dynamic across the side as we were today, I think we can get away with Sterling up front especially when we throw Foden and KDB into the mix.

I don’t think Torres is anywhere the required level at the mo.
I'd give Torres time. I see an Aguero-like striker in him for our future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.