#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he did well what was needed of a false 9 for Mahrez's goal as well. He pulled the CB to him, allowing Mahrez to run on through for goal.

Other than that, good classic Sterling goal.

I'm surprised so many people are now calling for him to play as a striker when everyone knows he's a terrible 1v1 finisher. He showed great movement for today's goal as he always does but it was against a promoted team in a game that was already dead.

It's a bit different if we're playing one of the better teams when it's not as easy to get in behind their defence and play a simple cutback for a tap-in. Then we'll be relying on his finishing ability a lot more and people will start getting frustrated when KDB is regularly putting him through on goal and he keeps fluffing his lines. The best place for him is on the right where he can use his pace and be more direct like he was in 2017/18.

I think that this speaks more to the fact that we have no gifted striker in our side at the moment as opposed to the position in which fans think Sterling plays best.
No,along with his excellent movement and speed,its where he is most effective in a possession based team.He's also less of a liability up front......It doesnt matter so much when he cant control a ball or loses a 50/50.

We have far better wide men/midfielders to choose from.

No,along with his excellent movement and speed,its where he is most effective in a possession based team.He's also less of a liability up front......It doesnt matter so much when he cant control a ball or loses a 50/50.

We have far better wide men/midfielders to choose from.
Respectfully disagree. Even Jesus himself would say so.

Jesus somehow got labeled as a striker - even though he doesn't consider himself to be so. Indeed, when played as a striker - he's obviously not top class.

Jesus is much better as a winger - witness our game v. Norwich.

Is Jesus a world class winger? - no. Is Jesus far better than Mahrez/Sterling or Silva/Grealish at winger? - no. But on his day he's awesome.

Jesus at striker - really not great. Jesus at winger - good to very good.

Respectfully disagree. Even Jesus himself would say so.

Jesus somehow got labeled as a striker - even though he doesn't consider himself to be so. Indeed, when played as a striker - he's obviously not top class.

Jesus is much better as a winger - witness our game v. Norwich.

Is Jesus a world class winger? - no. Is Jesus far better than Mahrez/Sterling or Silva/Grealish at winger? - no. But on his day he's awesome.

Jesus at striker - really not great. Jesus at winger - good to very good.
I have no idea what you think you replied to.

Striker,in our team,should be his role going forward.It suits his strengths and our play so much better.
Can’t be arsed to watch him on the left wing anymore, it drains me. Up top or on the right should be his only positions. He’s got the movement and loves tap ins our wingers and midfielders create.

assuming no last minute heroics where we sign a striker, a lot of our success this season will depend on his form. I hope he can rediscover it but have faith in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.