#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
assuming no last minute heroics where we sign a striker, a lot of our success this season will depend on his form. I hope he can rediscover it but have faith in him.
He hasn't lost his form as a striker,yeah he misses a few.....but he gets on the end of our play as well as anyone.

I am praying for a stunner season from striker sterling. Only he can save us.

He hasn't lost his form as a striker,yeah he misses a few.....but he gets on the end of our play as well as anyone.
Wouldn’t mind us giving it a try with the limited options we’ll have there. Not convinced it would work though

We have to experiment in the striker position anyways, Sterling and Ferran are our best bets if Jesus is playing on the wing.

Wouldn’t mind us giving it a try with the limited options we’ll have there. Not convinced it would work though
What exactly wouldnt work? getting close to an unprecedented season of success and winning 2 trophies again?

You make it sound like we need Sterling or one of our other attackers to be a success as an out and out striker,when the evidence states we really don't - it would just be a bonus.

He did score 31 goals a couple of years ago, 25 the year before that and 23 the year before again. If we assume last season was the anomaly, then he should hopefully rack up a decent tally over the season.

What exactly wouldnt work? getting close to an unprecedented season of success and winning 2 trophies again?

You make it sound like we need Sterling or one of our other attackers to be a success as an out and out striker,when the evidence states we really don't - it would just be a bonus.
I’m on about Sterling as a striker. His best asset is his pace and his 2nd best asset is his movement. Now from the left which isn’t particularly a position I like him playing but if we have a proper striker to occupy defenders his movement and pace gets him a shit load of tap ins. He’s harder for defenders to pick him up when he’s able to ghost in after starting from a wider position as opposed to centrally. As seen during the Euros he had a proper striker up there and he was bagging again. Key difference with England was also teams weren’t sitting as deep as they do against us so he could run in behind easier.Last season when most the time we didn’t have a proper striker he scored less.

The reason I said it would be worth a try but I’m not convinced it would work with him upfront for us is he’s not going to hold the ball up well and link the play. He’s also rarely going to have space to run in behind as teams park the bus. If we‘re ahead especially against half decent teams who then have to push up then yes he’d be a great option. Maybe he’ll play upfront and his movement will be that good the goals flow. Time will tell but I wouldn’t have chanced missing out on world class strikers for this particular experiment.

Last edited:
As several posters has mentioned in this post Raz is capable of hitting 25 goals a season. Got to remain optimistic that he achieve that and carry his international form to City.

Have a feeling he'll play a lot more as a striker this year and I'm here for it.

While his finishing might not always be the best, his intelligence and movement around the box is top, confident he would get 15-20 goals playing striker all season for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.