#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have zero confidence in him anymore as a winger, he doesn't do the things that made him dangerous anymore, he thinks he's a foden/mahrez/Grealish etc coming to the ball when his strengths are his movement behind. Despite the fact his finishing is by far his weakest aspect of his game I'd be playing him upfront. Has to be a better option than the invisible ferr(m)an.

Have a feeling he'll play a lot more as a striker this year and I'm here for it.

While his finishing might not always be the best, his intelligence and movement around the box is top, confident he would get 15-20 goals playing striker all season for us.
With the arrival of Grealish, the continued progression of Foden, the new wide man Jesus, of course KDB and Mahrez, and to a lesser extent Gundogan and Cancelo, we have A LOT of creativity throughout the team all of a sudden, even compared to last season.

We probably don't need to play with a striker as deep/false 9 as often anymore. Players like Torres, Sterling, and Delap can really benefit from all of this with their abilities to get in the right place at the right time.

I think we lose something with Sterling up top as far as movement is concerned, BUT with how much creativity we have, I think this is the first time since Pep's arrived that centre Sterling could feasibly work.

With the arrival of Grealish, the continued progression of Foden, the new wide man Jesus, of course KDB and Mahrez, and to a lesser extent Gundogan and Cancelo, we have A LOT of creativity throughout the team all of a sudden, even compared to last season.

We probably don't need to play with a striker as deep/false 9 as often anymore. Players like Torres, Sterling, and Delap can really benefit from all of this with their abilities to get in the right place at the right time.

I think we lose something with Sterling up top as far as movement is concerned, BUT with how much creativity we have, I think this is the first time since Pep's arrived that centre Sterling could feasibly work.
What the fuck are you on about? It's the same team add Grealish who is very very similar to Bernardo. How are we much much more creative? Delap? lol

What the fuck are you on about? It's the same team add Grealish who is very very similar to Bernardo. How are we much much more creative? Delap? lol
Grealish is more direct than Bernardo. Bernardo barely scores or assists, Grealish does it for fun.

The addition of Grealish hopefully means Bernie permanently playing deeper rather than higher this season.

They can both play together. And since both rarely lose the ball our possession game goes up.

Last edited:
What exactly wouldnt work? getting close to an unprecedented season of success and winning 2 trophies again?

You make it sound like we need Sterling or one of our other attackers to be a success as an out and out striker,when the evidence states we really don't - it would just be a bonus.
Last year is not this year. Can we rely on gundog for 13 goals when he's never done it before last year?

Last year is not this year. Can we rely on gundog for 13 goals when he's never done it before last year?

We will be absolutely fine for goals over the entire season, mate.

Do you know the last time we weren't the top scorers in the Premier League? Pep's first season. Do you know when the previous time was? When Mancini was here.

Whether or not we'll get the goals when it matters in the big games without that focal point in attack is another matter but over the entirety of the season, chances are that we'll be putting up the best numbers once again.

Last edited:
It's obvious Pep doesn't see Sterling now as an automatic starter anymore. If my memory is right Sterling didn't start the last 6 or 7 games last season apart from the CL final & he hasn't yet started this season.

It's obvious Pep doesn't see Sterling now as an automatic starter anymore. If my memory is right Sterling didn't start the last 6 or 7 games last season apart from the CL final & he hasn't yet started this season.
He's definitely in the dog house and this is also while Phil is currently out. He's going to have to take his chances whenever they come this season.

I wonder if it's linked to his contract situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.