#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure any club who previously employed Gerry Creaney can really claim that Sterling is one of the worst strikers of the ball ever :-)
That clown could strike a ball more cleanly. His problem was he could barley move!

the thing with sterling is i still don't trust him to start in the really really big games. think CL final tomorrow and you see sterling ahead of torres/foden/mahrez/grealish or heck even gabby. i'd feel a bit uneasy.

For me - he still is our best RW (not LW..) and think that Foden-Sterling pair would be the biggest threat to any opponent.

Weird how pep hardly of ever plays him on the right and only just now playing Jesus on the right
He's never been a traditional winger, even at Liverpool. He can't cross too well for example. And without a lot of space on the right, he's not a master of beating a fullback.

He's got great uses on the right, but they are limited as far as how the team can use them. On paper his strengths are best suited for the left. We look back at 17/18 fondly but Sterling's best season in terms of goals was 19/20 (from the left) and overall performance was 18/19 (from the left). Even for England, he's always been at his best on the left.

A bit awkwardly for Sterling, it looks like Grealish is starting to showcase similar strengths and uses on the left himself. I think that's why we're seeing him operate more centrally this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.