#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great finish.

He is also passing alot more from the LW rather than forcing it, and making the decision quicker, like he did for Silva goal.

Saw the best and worst in a 5 minute spell, first he scores possibly the best goal he's scored for us with a world class effort then botches a simple pass to put mahrez clean through as we break with a 4v3 plays it behind both him and kdb. Will always be incredibly frustrating because of this but when he's confident and scoring everything else can be ignored. Class tonight will be big for us for the remainder of the season.

Will always be incredibly frustrating

Because people hold him to a different standard than everyone else.

If he misses a single pass then you know it will be brought up after the game. Yet Rodri, Laporte, Stones and Cancelo all fuck up equally simple passes in infinitely more dangerous situations and it's been forgotten about by full time because they all had great games.

We did not see the worst of Sterling tonight, not by a long stretch. We all know what that looks like and it looks a damn sight worse than an under-hit ten yard pass. But it's that exact sort of hyperbole that encapsulates why the majority of the discourse around his performances is absolute nonsense.

Saw the best and worst in a 5 minute spell, first he scores possibly the best goal he's scored for us with a world class effort then botches a simple pass to put mahrez clean through as we break with a 4v3 plays it behind both him and kdb. Will always be incredibly frustrating because of this but when he's confident and scoring everything else can be ignored. Class tonight will be big for us for the remainder of the season.

His goal against Southampton in the centurions season pisses all over that one tonight for a lot of reasons. I agree about him butchering that break but that was pretty much his only missed note of the night.

Great performance and great goal tonight and I should have said this already but I don't think his goal at the weekend did get a deflection(it went where he aimed). I'm glad the ball had some clear distance this time or they'd have tried to take the shine off this great finish too.

Pleased for him and for City to have him getting in top form for the important games coming up.

Last edited:
Hitting form right on cue, which is brilliant as we approach the business end…. He’s a 25+ player per year which means his 1 in 2 between now and the end of the season guarantees us important goals…. Never discount his importance or value as everything that has made us compete over the last 6 years is because of the numbers he churns out, madness the way he’s vilified for sticky patches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.