#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a goal!! I love when he takes possession, dribbles past his man then lays it off to a team mate so he can get into a scoring position. Last month or so has been great, he seems happy again. Obviously helps he is getting a lot of game time. Both wings are now scoring for fun which is fantastic to see!

Most of the time tonight he was a joy. And then there were a few "ahh FFS" moments. If he keeps scoring and working hard thought then the FFS moments are much easier to skip past.

Because people hold him to a different standard than everyone else.

If he misses a single pass then you know it will be brought up after the game. Yet Rodri, Laporte, Stones and Cancelo all fuck up equally simple passes in infinitely more dangerous situations and it's been forgotten about by full time because they all had great games.

We did not see the worst of Sterling tonight, not by a long stretch. We all know what that looks like and it looks a damn sight worse than an under-hit ten yard pass. But it's that exact sort of hyperbole that encapsulates why the majority of the discourse around his performances is absolute nonsense.

Thank you for this post.

I hope he signs an extension. Continues to win trophies and scoring. He might end up going down as top 3 most decorated English player ever.

It’s great to see the composure back in his game. Shown perfectly for that first Bernie goal - a brilliant run, perfectly timed to then sit the defender down and pick a pass.

It’s so simple in its execution but he has that run down to a tee. Hardly ever offside from it.

I was one of his biggest critics because of his form for the past year or so but if he carries on like this, I’d love to see him get an extension.

Most of the time tonight he was a joy. And then there were a few "ahh FFS" moments. If he keeps scoring and working hard thought then the FFS moments are much easier to skip past.
I agree, but it’s his persistent loss of the ball that frustrates most…

That said, he worked hard, played well, and scored a worldie in a brilliant victory, which requires only a quiet word this time!

Last edited:
Don't worry. He just needs to miss a couple of sitters and he'll be back to being sh*t.

I honestly don't get it with some of our fans. He's a fantastic player. His work rate on and off the ball is phenomenal and he just never stops trying. He missed that chance just before he scored when the ball was played just in front of him. He could easily have let his head drop, but he didn't. Next chance he got he buried it with an absolute cracker of a shot.

No doubt Pep would have loved his performance last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.