#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry. He just needs to miss a couple of sitters and he'll be back to being sh*t.

I honestly don't get it with some of our fans. He's a fantastic player. His work rate on and off the ball is phenomenal and he just never stops trying. He missed that chance just before he scored when the ball was played just in front of him. He could easily have let his head drop, but he didn't. Next chance he got he buried it with an absolute cracker of a shot.

No doubt Pep would have loved his performance last night.
During the Norwich match day thread after he missed a chance the usual abuse starts He's dog shit,MANE would of scored that,can't wait for him to fu-k off Blah Blah its shocking how many people love to hate him.
HE'S TOP OF THE LEAGUE CTID

Hitting form right on cue, which is brilliant as we approach the business end…. He’s a 25+ player per year which means his 1 in 2 between now and the end of the season guarantees us important goals…. Never discount his importance or value as everything that has made us compete over the last 6 years is because of the numbers he churns out, madness the way he’s vilified for sticky patches!

That's why Pep stuck by him, Can you imagine if he'd listened to the fools who wanted him out, I mean some even said Harrison at Leeds was better and we keep hold of him.

I agree, but it’s his persistent loss of the ball that frustrates most…

That said, he worked hard, played well, and scored a worldie in a brilliant victory, which requires only a quiet world this time!

Part of his job is to risk losing the ball.

Whenever people complain about Sterling losing the ball I remember this Kingsley Coman interview about Pep -

“The coach is someone that, if you lose the ball after a one-on-one, won't be angry with you. He'll always encourage you to continue by saying to you 'if you don't get by once, twice, three times, you'll get by the next time. It removes pressure.
In the game, when you're faced by two or three players, you know that there's a risk of losing the ball. But you know that the coach understands that risk. From the start of the season, I remember him telling me after a match 'Don't ever stop yourself from dribbling.'”

An in form Sterling is the difference between winning and not winning the CL this year. I think they could definitely do it without him but with him it's almost automatic.

That's why Pep stuck by him, Can you imagine if he'd listened to the fools who wanted him out, I mean some even said Harrison at Leeds was better and we keep hold of him.

I think the more pertinent example is the number of people who were absolutely convinced that Grealish was going to relegate Sterling to the bench whilst scoring tons of goals because he is supposedly technically a different level of player to Raz.

That's not a dig at Grealish either, just a reminder once again that real world football is totally different to fantasy football. Especially in our team, where you have to earn every single minute on the pitch.

I'd love him to get a goal in a big game. He ran the show against Chelsea and has two bangers this week, if he can rock it in a more pressured environment with a goal then it might be the final piece in his confidence rebuild puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.