#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
An average player with a disastrous first touch. A terrible player.
A first time Caller City fan on Talksport.
Has tatoos all over his body.

So says Mickey.

Dave on Talksport ; chances he misses, is improving. Fails to turn up In big matches.

Pep and me must be watching a different game.

Tbh, I don’t see what Pep sees in him. He’s not a Pep player, because he is the most technically inferior player on the team.
I tell you what is hilarious Chicago and that is the line above from one of your recent posts. Particularly I like the line "he's not a Pep player" when Pep has consistently played him more more than any other forward season after season.

Premier League minutes ranking for City forwards:

16/17 2537 mins - 1st (KDB, Silva)
17/18 2594 mins - 1st (KDB)
18/19 2788 mins - 1st (Bernardo)
19/20 2678 mins - 1st (KDB)
20/21 2539 mins - 1st (No one)
21/22 1412 mins - 1st (Bernardo)

- name in brackets is for AMs only who had higher minutes

Maybe Sterling's technical skill set is is not as important as you think, eh? Certainly, whilst I'm sure Pep is frustrated at times he is less bothered than you.

Please try, I'm interested to read what you've got to say.
Simply look at the stats themselves, the positions the players play, and their overall involvement in play.

It’s impossible to compare two players contributions to a team without recognizing their overall contribution in the game, which is often not conveyed in their statistics.

For instance, is Ruben Dias one of the best playmakers in the League? But he has a ridiculously high number of passes and completed passes! One would think that he is one of the best playmakers ever to play football given his stats! What of Laporte? Same same.

As a left winger, look at Sterlings crosses! Should he be dinged for that? Depends on your view of his overall contribution and the manner in which we utilize him on our left side…hence my only concerns about Sterling being his shortfalls in technique and tendency to run down blind alleys, which calls into question his decision-making.

It seems that it’s all or nothing on here: Sterling is brilliant or shit!

I think he’s neither, but he has flavor of both in certain aspects of his game, and have praised the good parts and panned the bad. I think that is giving the player a fair shake and an assessment borne of actually watching his in game contributions, rather than selected stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.