#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never fancied David Silva on penalties either. Or one on ones.

Sterling, contrary to popular belief, actually has a very good first touch. Not the level of Mahrez, Bernardo and Foden but they are some of the best in world football.

The only people who think Sterling has a poor first touch are the band of blues on here who never liked Sterling.
They have stated that quite clearly and get upset when their old posts are quoted.
The argument "pep sat him down" would be best suited to a petulant 16 Yr old who just doesn't like somebody.

The only people who think Sterling has a poor first touch are the band of blues on here who never liked Sterling.
They have stated that quite clearly and get upset when their old posts are quoted.
The argument "pep sat him down" would be best suited to a petulant 16 Yr old who just doesn't like somebody.

The guy clearly has no idea what he's talking about. And not just in a "I disagree with this guy so he must be stupid" kind of way; he legitimately has no idea what he's talking about. Empty vessels and all that.

I think your concept of a Pep player is outdated. It’s mental, not technical.
100% agree. IMO the concept of a 'Pep player' is a myth.

Back then, people were saying Pep prefers short strikers who are good with their feet (Messi-esque), yet Lewandowski turns out to be one of the best strikers Pep managed. Before Pep took over, I doubt anyone would've said Otamendi is close to what a Pep defender looks like, yet Pep played him for 2 years.

If you are a good enough player, you have a good head on your shoulders, you are a 'Pep player'.

Having a balanced opinion is the phrase you are missing,old quotes come out when he has good games or scores great goals,but when he plays absolutely shite the people who dig out the old quotes are nowhere to be seen on here.

Like I say balanced is the key word here.

Having a balanced opinion is the phrase you are missing,old quotes come out when he has good games or scores great goals,but when he plays absolutely shite the people who dig out the old quotes are nowhere to be seen on here.

Like I say balanced is the key word here.
I’m not sure some of the more rabid abusers of Sterling have any idea what the word ‘balanced’ means in fairness.
There’s a few who just continue to say he’s shit even now when all evidence points to the opposite.

I’m not sure some of the more rabid abusers of Sterling have any idea what the word ‘balanced’ means in fairness.
There’s a few who just continue to say he’s shit even now when all evidence points to the opposite.

I'm not one of his biggest fans,and surprisingly,for me,I've given credit where credit is due a lot over last few months,but like I say when he goes through his bad patches,nobody is to be seen who defend him so stoutly.

I'm not one of his biggest fans,and surprisingly,for me,I've given credit where credit is due a lot over last few months,but like I say when he goes through his bad patches,nobody is to be seen who defend him so stoutly.

You aren't balanced. Throughout this thread all you've done is bleat on about him being finished, about him being shite, about how he's not good enough to play in Spain and about how we need to cash in on him.

There's one comment where you've given him actual praise and another one where you've said another performance should have helped raise his value for when we sell him in the summer.

Stop trying to act like an enlightened centrist when your blinkered opinions and transfer list fantasies have been bullishly stated plenty of times.

It's people like you who make this thread a fucking shithole every time the lad doesn't put in a great performance and its people like you who try and temper anyone else's enthusiasm whenever he has a great game so don't bang on about "balance" when you show less than my fucking savings account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.