#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't true. Have a read through some of the thread if you've got time, there are loads of people defending him when he was in his bad patch, myself included.

What it boils down to is if we replaced Sterling with a "technically superior player", we'd lose the ball a bit less and we'd score far less too. We'd be drawing 0-0 with 82% possession. Without someone like Raheem who makes things happen, we're a lot blunter.

Best example of the treatment he gets on here is people saying they went off him after he said he wants to leave and that's their excuse for not liking him. Thing is, we don't actually know that he said he wants to leave. It was the kind of rumour that could easily have been made up by a transfer journalist looking for clicks. But players like Bernardo, Laporte and Jesus, who we know pretty concretely did want to leave last summer, get no such criticism.
Lasy year he scored like 10 goals, and we still scored plenty. Sure 82% and 0-0… apparently Sterling is the most important player of this team, even more, if he can make a team that would score far less without him win 4/5 PL, he might be the best player ever…

Every City fan is happy Raheem is coming back, but it seems like his fans are more happy about overrating him and mocking the people who criticized him, than being happy for our team.

Lasy year he scored like 10 goals, and we still scored plenty. Sure 82% and 0-0… apparently Sterling is the most important player of this team, even more, if he can make a team that would score far less without him win 4/5 PL, he might be the best player ever…

Every City fan is happy Raheem is coming back, but it seems like his fans are more happy about overrating him and mocking the people who criticized him, than being happy for our team.

As compared to those who are disappointed in his current form and status within the team you mean.

The only people I am "mocking" are those who still refuse to understand his importance.

Like you !

Last year we scored a huge percentage of our goals from sources that simply don't apply this season, like Jesus and Gundogan who have both taken huge hits to their gametime this year.

And for the record, I'm not mocking the people who criticised him, I'm mocking the people who are still criticising him when he's been our most important player for several months, because that goes to show that it was really never about his form at all.

I watched Liverpool game last night and could not help myself to think about what if Sterling is in this team?
Salah made many runs into crowd and lost the ball constantly at very dangerous position (eg Zone 14) but no one will criticise him because that is quite acceptable - even encouraged in their style of play.
It is perhaps the most difficult position in the world to play as a winger for Pep. You don't have much space behind. You have to control the ball at very high position. You still have to take on defenders and you cannot lose the ball. And you don't have the help from a striker in the middle to drag defenders out for you. What a nightmare!

Playing as left winger is even worse! Because City now overloads left side to make room for the right side. Mahrez and whoever on the right wing, can still enjoy some space from time to time. But not from the left!

I hope that fans understand how difficult it is to play as a LW for Pep and what a brilliant Job Sterling/Grealish/Foden have done.

I won't have any attitude towards Sterling if he wishes to leave in the summer. It will be MUCH easier to shine in any other team. But it will be better if he stays.

Regardless, the club will be selling him in the summer, so it's all moot. He refuses to sign a contract and if we're weak he'll leave in the same way Milner did: string us a long until he walks away for free.

Yes. Overrating probably our second most productive player in history in our most successful era in our history.

Cant anybody have a different opinion rightly or wrongly without getting personal abuse. prick, knob etc?
We slate places like rawk for this very reason but are slowly drifting into that arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.