#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen, let's cut out the personal arguments and stick to the subject of the thread. If you want to argue with another poster, and can't (for some unknown reason, put each other on ignore), take your spat to pms.

He’s so incredibly dangerous, his instincts and his movement is literally unplayable.

In form I’m always happy to see him in the team.

100% honest, if I were picking our side for the CL final and everyone was fit and in form, I wouldn’t start him.

Two reasons.
1, he’d be an amazing impact sub, probably the best we have.
2, my preferred front 3 would be Foden, De Bruyne & Mahrez.

He’s so incredibly dangerous, his instincts and his movement is literally unplayable.

In form I’m always happy to see him in the team.

100% honest, if I were picking our side for the CL final and everyone was fit and in form, I wouldn’t start him.

Two reasons.
1, he’d be an amazing impact sub, probably the best we have.
2, my preferred front 3 would be Foden, De Bruyne & Mahrez.

My opinion is a team for the most important game of a season would be picked with the opposing team, opposing full backs, current form , and fitness in mind. I am sure Sterling or any other player would not be guaranteed a start.
But I understand your reasoning, even though it would mean leaving the top goalscorer on the bench, which would leave you open for a shelling if we didn't score -:).

As compared to those who are disappointed in his current form and status within the team you mean.

The only people I am "mocking" are those who still refuse to understand his importance.

Like you !
Raheem has been important of course. I don’t think he’s been the most important, but definitely a top 5 in importance for these last 5 years.

The reality is that without Sterling, we would have another player and another style and we’d be just as good. KDB has been injured for a long time, Aguero was missing for his last 2 seasons, Bernardo had a below average season 2 seasons ago, David Silva, Yaya Toure, Fernandinho got old. We still won no matter what. This is a team, and no individual player has been more important than the team.

Saying that without Sterling we would score far less is overrating him, and underrating our incredible team.

I've not got a problem with opinions as long as they're based in fact and not a personal dislike of a player who's not done much wrong. If fans are still saying we should sell one of our most prolific goalscorers of all time when he's been in excellent form for months, that certainly falls into the latter category. It's a bit like the guy who said Zinchenko was 'pure shite' the other day, spouting crap that's clearly based in your own personal dislike of a player leaves you open to all sorts.
I still want to sell him. Not because I think he is bad, but because I think we’ll be fine without him and we’d get a lot of money.

Reality is if we want Harland, we need to get rid of a FW. Mahrez is too old to give us a big transfer fee. Foden is and will be better than Sterling. Gabriel Jesus gives us great pressing, and he accepts being a sub(also his salary is way lower). I would sell Grealish instead of Sterling, but with his season so far, we won’t get a lot and it’s his first season with us anyway. So the obvious FW to sell is Sterling.

Unless, of course, you think Sterling> Haaland…

Saying that without Sterling we would score far less is overrating him, and underrating our incredible team.

I don't think this is the case at all. We are an incredible team and are still an incredible team when he doesn't play but I would be interested to see the statistics from the Pep era of how many goals we average with him in the side Vs without.

Raheem has been important of course. I don’t think he’s been the most important, but definitely a top 5 in importance for these last 5 years.

The reality is that without Sterling, we would have another player and another style and we’d be just as good. KDB has been injured for a long time, Aguero was missing for his last 2 seasons, Bernardo had a below average season 2 seasons ago, David Silva, Yaya Toure, Fernandinho got old. We still won no matter what. This is a team, and no individual player has been more important than the team.

I didn't say we would score less , you are mis quoting me. He is however a goalscorer.
To remain at the top a club replaces older and weaker players, Sterling is neither.
The team you are saying I am underrating includes Sterling.
Haaland doesn't play for our team, you are opioning rubbish. But you are a nice person.

I still want to sell him. Not because I think he is bad, but because I think we’ll be fine without him and we’d get a lot of money.

Reality is if we want Harland, we need to get rid of a FW. Mahrez is too old to give us a big transfer fee. Foden is and will be better than Sterling. Gabriel Jesus gives us great pressing, and he accepts being a sub(also his salary is way lower). I would sell Grealish instead of Sterling, but with his season so far, we won’t get a lot and it’s his first season with us anyway. So the obvious FW to sell is Sterling.

Unless, of course, you think Sterling> Haaland…

The idea that we couldn't afford Haaland without selling Sterling is laughably stupid. We just spunked £100m on Grealish- there's no chance we couldn't afford to spend £150m on one of the world's best strikers.

And if we did get Haaland (we won't), and we had to release one of our forwards to pull it off (we don't), the obvious answer is Jesus, who doesn't contribute nearly enough to justify a squad space. Even then Mahrez would be a much more likely one to let go because he's old.

The idea that we couldn't afford Haaland without selling Sterling is laughably stupid. We just spunked £100m on Grealish- there's no chance we couldn't afford to spend £150m on one of the world's best strikers.

And if we did get Haaland (we won't), and we had to release one of our forwards to pull it off (we don't), the obvious answer is Jesus, who doesn't contribute nearly enough to justify a squad space. Even then Mahrez would be a much more likely one to let go because he's old.
Jesus doesn’t contribute enough to justify a squad place ? What a load of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.