#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus doesn’t contribute enough to justify a squad place ? What a load of shit

We've now started playing Grealish or Foden up top even when Jesus is completely fit and available. And neither Grealish or Foden are particularly good up top, either. Jesus is clearly a talented player, a very hard worker and if he was still playing striker I'd be happy to see him stay. But if we're shoving midfielders into what's supposed to be his natural position, he's surplus to requirements, because I'm sorry but us suddenly deciding that we're better off playing a midfielder there than keeping Jesus in the position he's played for years is kind of laughable.

Again, I like the guy and think he's a good player but if all he's going to be is a backup right-winger I'd rather we gave the minutes to Palmer. It's like if Rodri decided he only wanted to be a centre-back from now on... we'd sell him because that's ridiculous.

It's a little bit dull of me but I've never been a fan of the old 'This player's better than you say and I'll drag another player(s) down to prove the point', regardless of the players involved.

I think every player in this squad is here for a very good reason. Obviously some have more to offer than others but the season is long and every single one of them has plenty to offer.

That's definitely including Sterling, of course

It's a little bit dull of me but I've never been a fan of the old 'This player's better than you say and I'll drag another player(s) down to prove the point', regardless of the players involved.

I think every player in this squad is here for a very good reason. Obviously some have more to offer than others but the season is long and every single one of them has plenty to offer.

That's definitely including Sterling, of course

Yup. Every single one contributes, don’t think we have any passengers.

Yup. Every single one contributes, don’t think we have any passengers.

Don't remember calling Jesus a passenger, only ever said that he doesn't do enough to justify keeping him over Sterling or Mahrez, which is a perfectly fair opinion to hold about a guy who doesn't even get selected for his natural position anymore.

Should never have been taken off. In the 1st half our main threat was the Cancelo and Sterling partnership. In the 2nd half Sterling seemed to go more central, which for me was a mistake but even so, Sterling was still more of a threat than Foden and Bernie.

Thought him, combining with Gundogan and Cancelo were out best threat. Team resorted to blind crosses to nobody after he went off.

Get this joker sold.
Useless when it matters.
A few decent performances after 18 months of dross and people love him again, and then he reverts to type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.