#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constantly threatening there defence, you could tell they were a bit frightened but should have scored.
Edit, not the only one that should have scored.
Fairest assessment I have read.

I agree he should have scored and the VAR decision was “borderline”.

There are a few posts on here teetering on the edge of going down a deep dark hole. City fans criticise Sterling because of how they perceive his matchday performance. Some thought he was good today, others didn't. Probably the same with a few other players.

However, it's about his performance so can we please dispense with the 'it's not about football' bollocks.

this was the moment I wanted him off to be honest. get a shot out of it, get a corner out of it, at least step on his feet and get a yellow for it but he ran into the box and got scared or what?

“This thread should hardly have any comments after today. Certainly not one's that are trying to make out one pass that was on to kdb was the difference between winning and drawing. I defend him because of shite like the last few pages.” - Phil on the Jack G thread

“Sterling is the worst thing to ever put on a City shirt, the worst player in our team and needs to dropped immediately or words of that ilk!!!” - Phil on the Sterling post.

Yea sure it’s about football, of course it is.
You really should be a Liverpool fan. You continually play the victim.

I'd give him 10/10 for effort and work rate today. But his decision making and execution in front of goal were about a 2/10. He's just not an instinctive striker and I wouldn't play him centrally but he had at least 5 chances I can think of off the top of my head to score or set up someone else and he fluffed every one. Whether it was a weak shot, a failure to correctly anticipate an obvious ball, running into a defender when it was easier to pass the ball. But that's him and it negates all the good stuff he does off the ball.

What really annoyed me about him today though was he was continually stood in an offside position when we had a chance to put the ball long and let him use his pace. MOTD2 showed a couple of phases of play where we moved the ball forward quickly and he was well positioned between the Liverpool centre backs but stood a yard offside in both of those clips, so we couldn't play the ball to him. That wasn't just those two but the whole game. If he stands just onside, we've got the opportunity to use his pace with a ball over the top.

He's an incredibly frustrating player and one of the main frustrations is we know how good he can be.

this was the moment I wanted him off to be honest. get a shot out of it, get a corner out of it, at least step on his feet and get a yellow for it but he ran into the box and got scared or what?

I think that was the moment Pep decided it was time for a change as well. Does everything right until he has to think and make a decision.

You really should be a Liverpool fan. You continually play the victim.

I'd give him 10/10 for effort and work rate today. But his decision making and execution in front of goal were about a 2/10. He's just not an instinctive striker and I wouldn't play him centrally but he had at least 5 chances I can think of off the top of my head to score or set up someone else and he fluffed every one. Whether it was a weak shot, a failure to correctly anticipate an obvious ball, running into a defender when it was easier to pass the ball. But that's him and it negates all the good stuff he does off the ball.

What really annoyed me about him today though was he was continually stood in an offside position when we had a chance to put the ball long and let him use his pace. MOTD2 showed a couple of phases of play where we moved the ball forward quickly and he was well positioned between the Liverpool centre backs but stood a yard offside in both of those clips, so we couldn't play the ball to him. That wasn't just those two but the whole game. If he stands just onside, we've got the opportunity to use his pace with a ball over the top.

He's an incredibly frustrating player and one of the main frustrations is we know how good he can be.
I would rather slide a giant razor blade naked into a cat of acid, with only my balls for breaks and hot sauce as a body rub than support Liverpool.

I am never victim, EVER!

The rest I agree with well said he can be very frustrating I just do not agree he deserves the stick he constantly gets.

It is a great idea to play Sterling in the middle to pull Liverpool high defending line. Sterling has good pace and good work rate. I would image if Mahrez started on the right, it might be better with Phil on the left and Raz in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.