#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays game explained why he will never be considered a world class player , he will always be a top player who can score goals , but too many times he misses very easy chances and usually in the big games , he's worth a new contract but we know his limitations and what to expect

Agree with this, he's not world class but can be extremely good at times.

His flaws stop him from reaching that upper echelon of players.

I didn't want him anywhere near the team for about 9 months but whenever he's picked on the right i think we're going to win. I really hope he doesnt leave in the summer.

sterling did ok yesterday his pace troubled them but first 10 mins and he misses a absolute sitter which he should have buried but we carry on . Would I like to him sold in the summer well if I’m being honest yes because you just don’t know what your gonna get for 90 mins and we need better than that. Same for Jesus aswell even though he scored a good Goal and amazingly managed to stay onside which is a feat in itself as his positional play to staying inside is one of the worst I’ve ever seen .now this is my opinion and others will say they should be starting more games which is fair enough but if these players made the right decisions yesterday we are 4 points clear and winning the title .

With every discussion about a player coming in and going out, I just try and see if it does make our team better.

As this is a topic about Sterling, he’s probably the sole player that frustrates me most.
His work rate is as good as any in the squad. He’s fast but hardly exploit it. He has the vision to create get himself in great scoring positions yet he’s simply missing too many sitters year in year out. It’s a fact.

Do I want him out? No.
Can we improve if he does leave? Yes.

With every discussion about a player coming in and going out, I just try and see if it does make our team better.

As this is a topic about Sterling, he’s probably the sole player that frustrates me most.
His work rate is as good as any in the squad. He’s fast but hardly exploit it. He has the vision to create get himself in great scoring positions yet he’s simply missing too many sitters year in year out. It’s a fact.

Do I want him out? No.
Can we improve if he does leave? Yes.
Sterling needs a player like Leroy to perform at his best! The seasons he played alongside Sane were some of his best seasons.

He handicaps us whenever he plays, it’s that simple for me, he’s never played well in any meaningful game we’ve had with him starting. My heart sinks when I see him in the starting lineup.
Sorry if it annoys others but that’s just my personal opinion of Sterling.
We should’ve won that today.
Come on Blues, win all ya next 13 games and it’ll be a nice treble
Wow, don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse post on here. It’s wrong on so many levels.

Why was he played up front today? He’s always hung out to dry there.
For his off the ball work presumably. Pep wanted runs in behind a high pressing and energy against their defenders. Also to hold the ball up well and get quick attacks going. And he did all of that very well.

For contrast I'd say Jesus played himself into contention going forward from now and Sterling simply didn't.

Don't think that's unfair.
Think that’s totally unfair. The had the exact same game nearly, only differed by 2cm. Jesus was onside, Sterling was offside, apart from that they both played excellent.

What really annoyed me about him today though was he was continually stood in an offside position when we had a chance to put the ball long and let him use his pace. MOTD2 showed a couple of phases of play where we moved the ball forward quickly and he was well positioned between the Liverpool centre backs but stood a yard offside in both of those clips, so we couldn't play the ball to him. That wasn't just those two but the whole game. If he stands just onside, we've got the opportunity to use his pace with a ball over the top.

He's an incredibly frustrating player and one of the main frustrations is we know how good he can be.
His job was to stand on the last line and get in behind that’s literally what all strikers do. Have we really been this deprived of a striker you’ve forgotten how they play? As he did for the chance he missed that everyone loves to point out, the game plan was to work it out wide with movements in behind the fullbacks and then have sterling coming through the middle ahead of the defenders. Number 9s always verge on the edge of caution with offside when standing on the last line of defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.