#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The racism shit on here is getting on my tits.

If you have actual evidence that someone is a racist, and is posting racist comments then provide the evidence, report the post and I am sure the mods will take the appropriate action.

By the same token, if you cannot provide a shred of evidence (and you reading something into posts that is probably not there, IS NOT evidence) then please leave this bullshit out of it. People can have an opinion about a player, good or bad and skin colour does not even come into that persons thinking.

Implying someone is racist when you have zero evidence to back it up is disgusting behaviour and does not help the fight against racism. Please stop.

Last edited:
sterling did ok yesterday his pace troubled them but first 10 mins and he misses a absolute sitter which he should have buried but we carry on . Would I like to him sold in the summer well if I’m being honest yes because you just don’t know what your gonna get for 90 mins and we need better than that. Same for Jesus aswell even though he scored a good Goal and amazingly managed to stay onside which is a feat in itself as his positional play to staying inside is one of the worst I’ve ever seen .now this is my opinion and others will say they should be starting more games which is fair enough but if these players made the right decisions yesterday we are 4 points clear and winning the title .
Sterling and Jesus were picked to implement a specific game plan on the day. In the main it was successful and in general terms we came out on top. Sterling is not perhaps a prolific finisher but he does score a lot of goals. Yesterday was typical display by him. He missed a sitter but was unlucky to be Vared offside and while he troubled the dipper defence he still managed to fluff his lines at crucial points. In a nutshell Sterling is not a great player but he is a very good one most of the time. You could say mostly the same about Jesus.
These lads are not in the same league as an Aquero or some of the strikers we are currently looking to sign but they as good as most of their counterparts in the PL .

Sterling and Jesus were picked to implement a specific game plan on the day. In the main it was successful and in general terms we came out on top. Sterling is not perhaps a prolific finisher but he does score a lot of goals. Yesterday was typical display by him. He missed a sitter but was unlucky to be Vared offside and while he troubled the dipper defence he still managed to fluff his lines at crucial points. In a nutshell Sterling is not a great player but he is a very good one most of the time. You could say mostly the same about Jesus.
These lads are not in the same league as an Aquero or some of the strikers we are currently looking to sign but they as good as most of their counterparts in the PL .
Spot on. That was a decent but also very Raz like performance. Pep’s tactics of playing our quickest front 3 and especially having our fastest player down the middle worked very well. As usual we weren’t clinical enough in general. Fantastic match though and tremendous performance by the blues.

Sterling was effective and frustrating in equal measures yesterday, but I still think letting him go before seeing how he performs with a regular 9 setup could be a mistake unless we have someone replacing him. Nobody in squad is an effective replacement for him and we are not known to signing cheap forwards too. If we sign Haaland, Foden Haaland Sterling would still be our most effective front three imo.

Sterling was effective and frustrating in equal measures yesterday, but I still think letting him go before seeing how he performs with a regular 9 setup could be a mistake unless we have someone replacing him. Nobody in squad is an effective replacement for him and we are not known to signing cheap forwards too. If we sign Haaland, Foden Haaland Sterling would still be our most effective front three imo.
fucking bingo.

at last .

Defending the white English born media star who didn’t contribute to the result at all but having a go at the black Jamaican born media hated one who had a big contribution to the result. Hmmm
I don't agree with most things he says about Grealish and if he's criticising sterling after yesterday then sterling too but there's zero reason to jump to it being about race. If you are even going to begin to insinuate it might be, you really should have a strong case to back it up.

The racism shit on here is getting on my tits.

If you have actual evidence that someone is a racist, and is posting racist comments then provide the evidence, report the post and I am sure the mods will take the appropriate action.

By the same token, if you cannot provide a shred of evidence (and you reading something into posts that is probably not there, IS NOT evidence) then please leave this bullshit out of it. People can have an opinion about a player, good or bad and skin colour does not even come into that persons thinking.

Implying someone is racist when you have zero evidence to back it up is disgusting behaviour and does not help against the fight against racism. Please stop.
As an African American myself, I must say agree with this sentiment. There is racism out there and should be called out when it occurs for all our sakes but one must be very careful to only level the charge when there is clear evidence; not just assumptions and assuming the worst of each other. Not doing so only unfairly impugns the character of others via a serious charge but also undermines legitimate efforts to combat this scourge on humanity!

Anyway, enough on that and back to the game. Sterling overall I thought had a good game but I still leave the game feeling that he himself missed an opportunity to remind everyone that he is or can be a big game player. He definitely doesn't hide in big games but his misses can be soooo frustrating. Super disappointed for him that the marginal offside call went against him, would have been a great redemption story.

Yeah, I actually agree with this. It seems like a balanced front three that his a mix of pace, technical ability and goals. But then again, Pep doesn’t have a front three as he rotates so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.