#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread goes in circles because of the type of player Raheem is. Hold the front page....
He will always make mistakes - that is the nature of his game.
All players will make mistakes but what sets the top teams apart is the high level of consistency of performance and the fact that the mistakes are infrequent. The problem with Sterling is that his mistakes and shortcomings are both obvious, basic and consistent rather than infrequent. Even his goal came as an indirect result of his poor technique in failing to control a ball when he wasn't under any pressure. We've seen that too often from him.

One of the things that sets a Pep side apart from others is that everyone seemingly knows what they're going to do with the ball, even before they get it. Sterling doesn't, more often than not, as we saw tonight on more than one occasion. That's why he divides opinion so sharply. You can look at the very good things he does and choose to ignore the bad or look at the very bad things he does that often obscure the good.

Raheem wants to leave, so let’s hope he has a cracking season and gets a move he desires and we also get a good fee for him. He has served us well and if he wants a change of scenery, he deserves that with respect.

All players will make mistakes but what sets the top teams apart is the high level of consistency of performance and the fact that the mistakes are infrequent. The problem with Sterling is that his mistakes and shortcomings are both obvious, basic and consistent rather than infrequent. Even his goal came as an indirect result of his poor technique in failing to control a ball when he wasn't under any pressure. We've seen that too often from him.

One of the things that sets a Pep side apart from others is that everyone seemingly knows what they're going to do with the ball, even before they get it. Sterling doesn't, more often than not, as we saw tonight on more than one occasion. That's why he divides opinion so sharply. You can look at the very good things he does and choose to ignore the bad or look at the very bad things he does that often obscure the good.
But the balance between good and bad varies by game, period, season. That is true for every player. Bloody hell, if you believe what comes out if the club they would have sold Bernie if the correct price had been offered. Form waxes and wanes.
Sterling played very well tonight.

Magnificent today. Great to see him back on the right where I think he's at his best. I think he's suffered from being the sticking plaster to cover Sane going and ffs taking the wide right role. Oddly enough I think ffs is at his best in a more central position, but of course we are spoiled for choice there.

If he does go then his good form of late is a Godsend in terms of negotiating a fair transfer fee. Personally I'd prefer Haaland or Vlahovic instead as we have loads of options on the wings.

Fair play to him today he was very good for the first 3rd of the game. And even if he wasn't great for the rest he kept Watford busy.

Raheem wants to leave, so let’s hope he has a cracking season and gets a move he desires and we also get a good fee for him. He has served us well and if he wants a change of scenery, he deserves that with respect.
Not having a go but who says he wants to leave

Not having a go but who says he wants to leave
I just think it’s very likely he fancies a change of scenery, considering he hasn’t extended his contract so far and previously said he’d like to play abroad at some point I.e Spain. Lots of reports in the media throughout the year regarding him wanting a move, no smoke without fire. However, with that being said it could have just been to put pressure on pep regarding his game time.if he carries on playing the way he is now, then I hope he extends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.