8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this is another large reason as to why Rico is getting games, to try and shore up the middle alongside Rodri

Must say I felt more comfortable with Walker at RB once he came on
When Rico plays he just isn't a RB - Kyle will naturally look better as he's given different instructions.
The lad is being asked to do a very specific job for us currently because, Rodri apart, our midfield isn't cutting it. I have no idea why - and apparently neither does Pep because he's not found a better fix.

KBD - Gundo played a huge role against Aston Villa in those last 10-15 minutes, so it's not completely true, that this duo doesn't work..
That was then - I reckon the comments are based on current form.
Both are brilliant players, but currently we can't play them together. Gundo would be the one to take a seat for me - but Bernardo isn't pulling up trees at the moment either (natural replacement).
There's a general malaise around the squad by the looks of things and none of us seem to know why

Poor. Slow, leggy and doesn’t get on the ball to dictate the tempo. Doesn’t contribute to much at all of late. I would definitely play Bernardo every time over him. Even an out of form Bernardo gives more. Even Rico would offer more in that position.

He still offers something (hence why Pep left him on for the 90mins ). I am not sure what will happen to Gundo in the summer. I wouldn't be against giving him another deal but he is more like going down the Ferny route of winding down his career.

Time for a change for all parties in the summer me thinks now
I think he can still do a job for us, in the right games, with the right team around him. The team clearly likes him hence they named him captain. And I could see him moving into the management hierarchy long term, and would welcome that.

But he's 32 and on the wane, so any contract we offer should be structured accordingly.

I think he can still do a job for us, in the right games, with the right team around him. The team clearly likes him hence they named him captain. And I could see him moving into the management hierarchy long term, and would welcome that.

But he's 32 and on the wane, so any contract we offer should be structured accordingly.

I dunno,I also think if the Barca rumours are true he’d be daft not to go for a few year with the slower paced game that it is over there

He and De Bruyne weren't at it the first 60. Think it's pretty damning that Phillips wasn't trusted to come on and help us see the game out. All roads lead to a summer with a high turnover of midfielders.

Absolute garbage, nothing against the guy in the slightest but we just can’t be continuing to play both him and Kev in the same midfield, it’s suicide. Then you look at which one gives the better return and Kev pisses that one. We need to look after Kev and get the most out of him, having Gundo alongside is mental.

Thanks for the service, and never forget the 2 goals against Villa, but this is a season too far in our team.

edit…says it all really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.