8 | Mateo Kovačić - 2024/25

I agree to a certain extent, but we do need a bigger squad than we currently have.

Where do you think we should strengthen? I would still go for a Rodri understudy. A young lad, who can take time to learn the rôle, and will be under no pressure to hit the ground running, as well as a striker.

We definitely need a back up striker to replace the Alvarez minutes.. That's beyond critical..I don't have the stomach for another season of False 9 witchcraftery

Like a number of players we’ve signed, it’s taken Kovacic a season to kick on. I think he’ll have some great matches this season. I like him.

Like a number of players we’ve signed, it’s taken Kovacic a season to kick on. I think he’ll have some great matches this season. I like him.
He was already great last season, got MOTM for us at least a few times. He is very underappreciated on BM. The amount of posters calling him a transfer flop is ridiculous. He has been brilliant, IMO.

Pep says he’s class on and off the field. Gvardiol says he’s class at home and in the dressing room.
Bluemooners? Not sure!

Me? Only know what I’ve seen and he seems a class act, who can also play a bit, so I’m going with Pep (his coach) and Gman (who says Kova is a father figure for him at the club)!

He was already great last season, got MOTM for us at least a few times. He is very underappreciated on BM. The amount of posters calling him a transfer flop is ridiculous. He has been brilliant, IMO.

I’ve not called him a flop. I’ve not even suggested it. Nunes and Phillips were.

Last season, my first choice XI wouldn’t have included Kovacic. He only started against Chelsea in such a prominent position because Rodri didn’t.

That goal was one of the best things he’s done in a Blue shirt so far.

I think that he should be given more game time to build on his confidence as Rodri back up. Last season he was shifted between 8 and 6 and it made a lot of confusions and it is not easy for him.

With Gundo back and Bernado able to play 8 as well I hope to see Rodri getting more rest and Kova getting more minutes there. He is a successor for Fernandinho.

Other than Wolves and Arsenal away I cant think of a game he's let us down. Solid last season and was getting better and better as it went on.

Ironically, Gundo coming back might mean Kovacic becomes more important. I think Pep would have more confidence to play Kovacic in a midfield with Gundo in some games rather than flog Rodri for 60+ games.

Then again, Kovacic did feature in 30 league games last season, so Pep rates him highly anyway.

He's a quality player. Some don't seem to see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.