80 | Cole Palmer - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how well is Palmer actually thought of at the club? He's looked good so far and scored a couple but then so did Brahim Diaz...

There was a huge buzz around Foden when he came through but Palmer's not quite so well thought of, so what are we realistically thinking? Future star? Squad player? Another club lower down in the league?

This doesn't really matter. Rashford was not seen as a big talent by the staff at United, they were all worked up about James Wilson and Will Keane as their next academy strikers. When the time came, both were injured so Rashford got his chance and never looked back while those two are in the lower leagues.

This doesn't really matter. Rashford was not seen as a big talent by the staff at United, they were all worked up about James Wilson and Will Keane as their next academy strikers. When the time came, both were injured so Rashford got his chance and never looked back while those two are in the lower leagues.
Good point. At the risk of alienating myself further, I'll say I hope Palmer goes on to reach a similar level to Rashford

I enjoy seeing what you have to say on the cesspool that is r/soccer btw

Wonder what will happen with Palmer. Will he stay this entire season?

I know Pep is praised for how he handled Foden, and rightly so, but there are even less opportunities arguably now with the competition for where he plays.

I believe I heard on the Totally Football show pod reference this and perhaps it was Daniel Storey (?) say they believe Pep may concede this time around to let Palmer go on loan somewhere, as he can't get much game time with us at the moment.

Not sure if he meant for this season. Seems so.

Baring Sterling off in some form in January I could see him going then to a Championship or even PL side, but I would worry about the way he would be handled.

Maybe to a club like Brentford, or Leeds, who play similarly enough, but maybe better to go to a good Championship side. Coventry perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.