80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really easy. If Palmer would perform on Rico's level in training and matches he would be picked by Pep ahead of Mahrez or Grealish.
Seems it's not the case, yet.

I don't think this is true. Rico has only started cup games until last night.

I think it's pretty clear Pep was trying to make some kind of point last night to the players who came back late from the world cup. Had Cancelo or Walker not gone, I'm sure one would have started.

Nowhere near the level of Foden, Mahrez, Grealish yet. A loan somewhere like Fulham or Southampton would be good, see if he’s true PL quality consistently or if he’s going to end up sold.

It's really easy. If Palmer would perform on Rico's level in training and matches he would be picked by Pep ahead of Mahrez or Grealish.
Seems it's not the case, yet.

If Walker or cancelo were match fit I’d bet anything they’d have started instead

Also we don’t know what happens in training, so your just guessing.

Nowhere near the level of Foden, Mahrez, Grealish yet. A loan somewhere like Fulham or Southampton would be good, see if he’s true PL quality consistently or if he’s going to end up sold.

Of course he’s not quite at the same level as some of our first team players who’ve been playing for years. Surely that’s to be expected of all of our young players

He’s shown loads of potential, but needs consistent games. He’s barely played so there’s no way you can be writing him off now. I’d argue he’s our most talented young player and in quite a few games been the standout player

Last edited:
You don't need to be 'quick' to play at the highest level

Palmer has an effortless ability to go past defenders in the way a lot of great players were able to, without being incredibly quick

Amazing that you think a player has to be 'quick enough' to play in the Premier league
I’m on about to play on the left and because of his style of play, he’s a dribbler. That why the right is his position and Mahrez’s as they don’t have the pace to go past people on the outside often. If they’re playing on the left they’d be cutting back in on to their weak foot all the time.

Obviously you don’t have to have pace to play in the premier league but certain positions it’s a big help.

Really good video, this. Palmer seems to know everything about Foden’s goals which makes me think he’s a proper fan. Enjoyable watch.

Think Cole is on the cusp of becoming more of a first team 'regular'. The injury definitely set him back, but I think what he needs to truly make the jump is that definitive, quality performance in a first team start where he doesn't look out of place. Until then it'll be cup matches and sub appearances. That's how Phil finally broke in (I think against Spurs??) a few years back, Rico might have just had his against Liverpool. Hopefully he gets a shot and takes it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.