80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a kid so his performances will be up and down. That being said, I am not seeing the progression that we expect. I don’t think he looks any better than he did 2 years ago.

At the moment, not convinced he's got what it takes to stake a claim here. Seems a loan to a PL side playing regular first team action might do him some good.

Talent is there, but he's got to perform better with the opportunities presented to him.

They may be out of position, and they may be scarce - but he's got to take them. That's the reality of it. Really rooting for him though

He has to be squaring that, not the first time this season either. Being a youngster and also being greedy( at all times) is not going to further his position in the squad as he'll start pissing off his senior team mates, not just Pep.

Several months ago, I said he's not a City level player and he's too tall to be a good winger. Then I was abused by many posters here for couple of days.

To be honest I still don't think he's good enough to be a first team regular player now. He just doesn't have that ability and hasn't made any progress since joining the first team.

Has all the talent in the world (genuinely) but his decision-making is consistently letting him down.

And that is one of the few things Pep will not suffer.

Hopefully he learns from those mistakes and begins to look to impress more by contributing to the team rather than via individual brilliance when he is given opportunities in the future.

If he doesn’t, as much as it pains me to say it, he’ll have to find his way elsewhere.

He needs to push on and provide some end product. Clearly very talented, but I feel it’s a case where he simply needs mens minutes. A loan would be good, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.