82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did alright, so-so performance. Probably time for Pep to give him the foden treatment, take him out of the limelight for a bit, give him time to recover physically and to absorb everything he's experienced over the last month which will push his game on. some cameo sub minutes to keep him involved but walker has to get back in only once he knows if he doesn't switch on and start doing his job he's straight back out and rico is waiting to bench him again.

Lee Dixon said in commentary some very harsh things, said “he can’t even take a throw in”, which was a little below the belt

Being homegrown and having some obvious ability people start exaggerating his impact. It doesn’t mean he’s going to reach the level of player we should be aspiring to. A decent squad player right now though - future star ????

I fear that with Stones likely to be out for 4-6 weeks with a hammy strain that Pep will jettison the Rico as an inverted FB idea. Akanjii has proven he can't really play the right side of a defensive 3 which stones has done, so we could be looking at a proper back four again with Walker as the RB.

Personally I thought he was poor on Sunday and again tonight. To be expected though and I think he is being played too much. Walker really must be on the naughty step currently although he was crap when he came on too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.